Sign in to follow this  

Pastrana's Barspin Bike

does anyone know where i can see some GOOD pictures and maybe read up on it? (sorry if this question has allready been asked) and thanks in advance :D:D

humm...and for it to break to! if it's allready been out for 3 years, they shoulda beefed it up and not been so weight concious

yea, i know it's called a gyro on a bmx, but i dunno what to call it for a dirtbike? :D

did red bull actually make it? or put in the funds to make it? if they put in the funds, who did the designing and the fab?

I seen one on some French site, But it was way beefier than TP's one, Can't find the site now though... :D

the truth is that MArzochi made a true set of rotating inverted forks which would have actually worked, however, travis and his red bull buddies rigged up some home job resembling a springer front end from a chopper. The marzocchis were in Dirt Rider a few years back. The homejobs that they made were crap. if they had used the marzocchi forks we would be talking about travis's incredible bar spin backflip.

the truth is that MArzochi made a true set of rotating inverted forks which would have actually worked, however, travis and his red bull buddies rigged up some home job resembling a springer front end from a chopper. The marzocchis were in Dirt Rider a few years back. The homejobs that they made were crap. if they had used the marzocchi forks we would be talking about travis's incredible bar spin backflip.

Your so full of pooopooo... if they had made something that worked, they would of used it all ready.

yea, i know it's called a gyro on a bmx, but i dunno what to call it for a dirtbike? :D

QUOTE]

I know what to call it........unnecessary P.O.S.

Your so full of pooopooo... if they had made something that worked, they would of used it all ready.

If Travis still has a contract with that satelite suzuki team he partly rode for, and they get works showa stuff, travis probobly couldn't use marzocchi forks even if he wanted. McGrath got chewed out by honda once because he used a yamaha jet ski- That is the nature of proffesional contracts in the motorsports industry. Also, that marzocchi thing was publicised before people were pulling backflips. How extreme would it be for someone to just pull a normal barspin? It was never used because nobody cared about it at the time.

All I know is it seems like a piece of junk. The thing completely shattered upon impact.

didnt shatter upon impact, they fell off in the air lol...i think they werent put on right

If Travis still has a contract with that satelite suzuki team he partly rode for, and they get works showa stuff, travis probobly couldn't use marzocchi forks even if he wanted. McGrath got chewed out by honda once because he used a yamaha jet ski- That is the nature of proffesional contracts in the motorsports industry. Also, that marzocchi thing was publicised before people were pulling backflips. How extreme would it be for someone to just pull a normal barspin? It was never used because nobody cared about it at the time.

You hit it on the button.... The unit you are talking about is nothing like the homefab job that was seen at the x-games. I remember this well because at the time I was working for a mazocchi distributor in a deferent relm then the suspension division and I remember them showing it of in a news letter. These are the guy's that build trick mountain bike equipment. :D

You hit it on the button.... The unit you are talking about is nothing like the homefab job that was seen at the x-games. I remember this well because at the time I was working for a mazocchi distributor in a deferent relm then the suspension division and I remember them showing it of in a news letter. These are the guy's that build trick mountain bike equipment. :D

yeah mazocchi builts some sick stuff...there mountain bike forks are insan, jus like there xr50 forks and all...to bad there so expensive lol

I think he meant it as a gag, I dont think he would have done this for the first time at a competition if he inteded for it to be successful. Before he he started his attempt his facial expressions were exagerrated to appear like he was stressed, he's been doing this way to long to be that kind of nervous. I dont know anything about the physics doing a backflip, but to guess I would think the extra lip he created on the ramp for that jump would create extra force on the forks, causing them to snap. Im not part of his crew or his buddy so I dont know the facts, but my impression was it was set up for show not to be some amazing trick.

Just an opinion.

yeah mazocchi builts some sick stuff...there mountain bike forks are insan, jus like there xr50 forks and all...to bad there so expensive lol

Damn Italians anyway!! :D

I think he meant it as a gag, I dont think he would have done this for the first time at a competition if he inteded for it to be successful. Before he he started his attempt his facial expressions were exagerrated to appear like he was stressed, he's been doing this way to long to be that kind of nervous. I dont know anything about the physics doing a backflip, but to guess I would think the extra lip he created on the ramp for that jump would create extra force on the forks, causing them to snap. Im not part of his crew or his buddy so I dont know the facts, but my impression was it was set up for show not to be some amazing trick.

Just an opinion.

Supposedly a lot of money and engineering went into that P.O.S. bike/trick. That was no gag, no way. I think he was embarassed to begin with because that bike just looked ridiculous before he even left the chute. I was amazed at what I was looking at when he first rolled out. I did think it was a joke at first, because it was so dumb looking.

Just an opinion.

I like that theory. X-games is more show than anything, that would make alot of sense. I kind of thought that it would end like most of pastrana's ideas. :D