Truckee/Tahoe National Forest - Anybody been there? Comments?

My inlaws have a place in Truckee and I am wondering if the Truckee OHV in the Tahoe National Forest is worth a try. In that setting it must be good, right?

Truckee is awesome riding. Hit it last summer and it was a hoot. One day ride with the best guide around. Single track, fire roads and a mix of the two(quad width). :D

stop in Thin Air Motosports ( closed on sundays) in truckee. Best dirt bike store in NorCal. small but everything they have you want.

ride prosser hills

Prosser is just outside of Truckee. There is great riding out there, and the weather is really nice this time of year.

:D I went to Tahoe a week ago and it was great but we didnt bring any of the bikes but I have heard that it is awsome to ride there and while we where there there were tons of people at our campground with there dirtbikes.

Prosser is just a couple of miles North of truckee, on HWY 89

Thanks a bunch everybody. I'm sold and looking forward to getting up there before the inclimate weather.

Are there any riding areas there that are suitable for kids? My kids ride a CRF-70 and DRZ-125L. We've been going to Tahoe in the winter, but riding would be a good reason to go in the summer/fall...

Thanks in advance

I just got back from a month of riding in the tahoe nat forrest. My son 11 (yz85) and my daughter 9 (klx110) had a blast. For the kids I recommend driving out of tahoe on 50 going twards carson. at the top of the hill where the turn off for going to north shore is make an immediate right in to what looks like a parking lot. follow it to the end and you will see an open gate to your left and infront of you a brown fence. we usually drive up the road to the left and park along the side of it and ride from there. It is mostly fire roads which works out well for the kids but there are places you can find single track. If you need better directions I can get them for you. But I will be out of town starting now till tuesday.