Sign in to follow this  

Is the LC4 the most powerfull single in the world?

In the brochure that came with my LC4, it said that the 625cc LC4 may be the most powerfull production single in the world. I find that hard to believe. Can anyone confirm or deny this statement? I bet the old CR500 2 stroke put out more horsepower, but can anyone think of a more powerfull production four stroke motor? Just wondering?

In terms of maximum top end HP the open class two strokes such as the KTM 550, CR500, KX500 and ATK 700 would be hard to beat, but a well-tuned Husaberg 650 four stroke would probably come the closest.

I am not sure about power, but I know that Suzuki made a DR 800. That is the biggest single cylinder that I know off and haveing got a DR 600 and a DRZ 400, the DR 800 should pack a nice punch ... I just wonder how that thing must vibrate at high rev's.

I guess it's the highest HP single dirtbike in production right now(except the ATK700). I have seen rear wheel dyno numbers at 62RWHP with only free mods(jetting,open air box). No doubt there are better dirt bikes, But in a drag race on the road I have no problem leaving a 525 KTM behind. You also have to figure in the extra 50lbs a LC4 carries. It's really usless information, Cuz dirt bikes t'aint about drag racing and MAX HP isn't that important for the majority of off road riding. I mean a guy on a 200EXC can smoke me through the woods if he knows how to ride, I have been passed by kids on 65's at the MX track too :banghead: I will have to say that for an all around dirt bike I love my SXC. It takes me all over the US from the valleys of Ohio to over 12Kft in the Rocky Mountains. It's a great "Do all machine" with lot's of HP and even more TORQUE that doesn't require constant rebuilds that many of the other high HP bikes will.

The new CR500AF Service Honda's supposedly put out 72 HP stock... that's amazing. and for that ATK 700, that thing is a beast!

1....I doubt the 72HP figure

2. The CR500 has not been factory produced in a few years. The Service Honda CR500 is a parts counter Frankenstein bike. Still ultracool, But not a factory bike.

Has anyone seen the 06 625 SXC , does it come with black forks and frame like the 06 525's. Have they upgraded the forks from 23mm to 28mm.

We didn't get a SXC this year in the States, Only the SM, and Adventure. If I recall they didn't have a black frame this year.

...I will have to say that for an all around dirt bike I love my SXC. ... It's a great "Do all machine" with lot's of HP and even more TORQUE ...

I couldn't agree more. I replaced three bikes, an SV650, an XR650L, and a KTM 250 T/XC with the 625 SXC, and I can do anything on it that I could do on any of the others. All I need now is that extra set of rims.

Aren't the KTM 660Rallye, and S1 Supermoto race bikes (from two years ago) technically prodution bikes? Those put out over 80hp. :applause:

1....I doubt the 72HP figure

2. The CR500 has not been factory produced in a few years. The Service Honda CR500 is a parts counter Frankenstein bike. Still ultracool, But not a factory bike.

Likely crank HP..which is very believeable as that is only 7hp or so more than a bone stock KX500 from 1990.

may be the most powerfull production single in the world

WHen they add "may be" they can say anything they want.

May be....

May NOT be........

I would think that those Chech made speedway bikes are the most powerful, isn't there a brand called Jawa or something like that?