Saw the Movie ! ! ! !

I saw Supercross the Movie last night. Along with about a couple thousand other Moto nuts in Georgia that had the opportunity to see it for free.

Not a great movie by any means, but not as bad as many had feared.

Go see it. I don't think that you'll leave terribly disappointed. I'll refrain from spoiling unless begged.

Here's the deal. People promoting the movie got together with an owner of a private track (used to hold races) that sits behind a screen in a drive in theatre. They invited everyone to come out and ride the track (which was plenty awesome) for 4 hours and then stay and watch a screening of the movie. There were probably 120-150 riders. They ran alternating motos of little bikes and big bikes. There were some really fast local guys and a few names like Matt Walker. They gave away an RMZ250F as well.

Imagine a movie screen playing a supercross movie in a packed parking lot full of racers, riders and families.

What a cool event. I'm so glad that I went. Thank you Starlite Drive-in Atlanta Georgia.

I saw Supercross the Movie last night. Along with about a couple thousand other Moto nuts in Georgia that had the opportunity to see it for free.

Not a great movie by any means, but not as bad as many had feared.

Go see it. I don't think that you'll leave terribly disappointed. I'll refrain from spoiling unless begged.

Here's the deal. People promoting the movie got together with an owner of a private track (used to hold races) that sits behind a screen in a drive in theatre. They invited everyone to come out and ride the track (which was plenty awesome) for 4 hours and then stay and watch a screening of the movie. There were probably 120-150 riders. They ran alternating motos of little bikes and big bikes. There were some really fast local guys and a few names like Matt Walker. They gave away an RMZ250F as well.

Imagine a movie screen playing a supercross movie in a packed parking lot full of racers, riders and families.

What a cool event. I'm so glad that I went. Thank you Starlite Drive-in Atlanta Georgia.

I kept seeing the plans for that on the GA MX forums. It sounds like it was fun.

Theres still drive thru movies ?

Yep I just went to the Drive in Movie a few weeks back with the wife to watch Willie Wonka and the Chocholate Factory. Man did that movie suck. Sucked bad. I can watch almost any movie and almost like it, and I say that movie sucked.

I went to my first drive in here two weeks ago with the wife too. Surprised her with it. SHe loves movies - and had never been to one. There are like two in our area. I expected some run down old thing that wasn't very big.

Boy, was I surprised! Packed parking! and 101.1 fm radio for the movie.

7 bucks a person and you can sit through BOTH movies!

I remember going to the drive-in when I was just a little kid!!! Boy what memories and gees I think I'm giving my age away now. :D That was definately a great time. Going to them in our jammies, making all the popcorn and snacks at home before we went, fallling asleep and getting carried in afterwards. That was the fun times. :D

No, it really wasn't too terribly cheesy. Plenty of unrealistic stuff though.

Like.

2 250 2-strokes leading a supermoto event

3-4 4 strokes battling for the lead in supercross

2 guys that grow up learing how to ride in the desert actually ride better than the pros, one gets discovered, gets a factory ride on the spot for a make believe manufacturer

Only a few screwed up sound effects

A bunch of the clips in the promo that I never noticed in the movie. Maybe I missed them.

The Climax was a bit flat and predictable.

All in all, worth seeing. You won't exactly be cheering at the screen though.

Ian