tera-flex

I did a dual sport about a week ago on a new TF. Had it mounted at a shop a couple of days before.(does this make me a girly-man?) Well about 30-40 miles into the ride, tire was flat/flat. It was about 15 lbs when I left(I checked). So we tried everything like fixaflat and green slime. No help. At gas stop tried to air many times. Hopeless. Checked with organizer of trip, if I could short cut back to base on pavement. NO, too many miles. So I opted to ride rest of trip flat. ( By the way , roosting seems to increase when flat! ) COOL ! To make a long story short. I rode about 80 miles on a flat.(some in 5th gear wound out! 14 x 52 spockets)

In the end , tire and rim seem to be fine . My buddy had a spare tube but we opted to change only if tire derimmed because we were trying to out run a nasty thunder storm ( Fl ,#1 lighting state). I since remounted myself . Hope I did OK. Dont want a repeat! Bottom line , I'm impressed with durability. ( got home and no damage ) And still cant wait to give it a real good ride with air . Since then I heard running about 6-8 lbs is a good #. Anyone else have experience in pressures ? I didnt know about china issue. Mine has no steel in ply ratings and does not say where it is made. I'm not happy if we took jobs from americans but then again where does trackmaster and chenshing come from ? Was TF made in America before? OOpppss Just saw other post answering my questions. Sorry, disreguard last 6 sentences.

94 Xr600r plated

I started at 12 psi with mine and kept dropping it. Where I live (Ohio) the dirt has a lot of clay and loam plus there are no rocks bigger than gravel and 6 psi has worked the best. I would try lower but I like to jump the bike, and I'm not comfortable jumping with a flat tire. I'll pump it up to 10 if I am riding on the road anywhere.

I have heard it works well at zero psi (bike on stand, open shrader valve until no air come out) for really soft stuff like pure sand or mud. You proved it works well with even less air in it. :D This September I am going to take the bike with me to the Outer Banks of N.C.. Where we stay there are no paved road and you have to drive/ride on the beach. I will try zero psi there to see how it does.

As much as I once love Terra Flex I won't use their product now. Then agiain I don't buy anything from China if I can help it. Trust me they will not prove out to be on our side in much of anything. I see a new Cold war coming with them though. pdawg :D:D

Ugh - Before this thread gets too political :D

How is the Tera Flex on the road? Anyone use it on their commute, or longer road trips? I'm trying to convince myself :D that this tire could be good for more than 50% on the road. :D

Thanx

Ugh - Before this thread gets too political :D

How is the Tera Flex on the road? Anyone use it on their commute, or longer road trips? I'm trying to convince myself :eek: that this tire could be good for more than 50% on the road. :D

Thanx

i commute 10 miles one one way and the tflex2 is fine on the road... better than trakmaster2 in my opinion... just b careful during first couple hundred mile breakinperiod or u might experience low/no traction on hard accelerations :eek:

however in the dirt b careful u dont flip over backwards doing wheelies :D

If I was riding pure street with 20% dirt I would opt for the Michelin T63 if I was you. They make a hell of noise, but the wearing is great: 13.000 km with a back tire!! The car drivers will look over there left sholder if you overhaul them!!

But the wearing of the Chinese Teraflex II is the nearest to the T63 I've ever got. I road a rally of 1.200 km with 40% road/60% off-road.

The new Kenda was trash and my Tera II was just broken in;-)

I got many questions of people asking me where the hell I got this awsome looking tire, with the great wearing!!

Just my €0.02,

Noppy

So what psi do you run on the road - 7psi?

What are you running on the front? D606, MT21?

Yes 7, but Tom from interco who designed the tire recommends 8 for hard surfaces... for soft stuff 4-6. I'll probably put another lb in her today... i dont think it'll make much diff tho... i was runnin 15 before Andrew (OSITECH) spoke w/tom. Traction on street was ok, but it definitely rides better w/7... not as bumpy.

Kenda tm 2 on front. I'm not overly impressed w/this tire... wears wierd and sometime tracks funny on pavement. Havent had any probs in the dirt.