My first ever ride on a KTM/SXF

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got back from the track a couple minutes ago. Im am 110% happy with this bike. Corners like nothing else. jumps perfectly. The bike is really nimble. It just goes where ever you want it to.

The power is in a league of its own, i dont think any other stock 250f motor comes close to this thing.

The hydro clutch is much nicer then any cable clutch.

i can already tell you guys that my next bike will be a ktm (probably another 250sxf in a couple years)

ironicly when i came back from doing a couple laps this guy pulled up next to us with a 2005 250sxf in the back of the truck.

This bike is definatly an attention getter. Everyone that saw it just ranted about how nice it looked.

hey mate up im just wondering in some mag's it say it can be hard to kick the ktm 250 sxf over is it .. u see i have all ways had a 2 strokes im selling my ktm 125 to get 1 of these babys :applause: .... so are they hard 2 kick over or not ? write back .. ok ta .. have fun riding boys! :banghead:

yeahs is just saying that its hard 2 kick over thats all thanks any ways ... ummm all so im buying 250f theres no 2 ways about it im sick of my 125 watching crap riders pass me :S so what do u think i should get a ktm 250 sxf or a yz 250f ?

The KTM is not that hard to start, theres one point in the stroke that is kinda hard but it just take a nice kick with some ass behind it to get to kick over, i have heard that that hard spot goes away some when it breaks in. I only have about 2 hours on mine.

No you cant just kick it like a two stroke, a 4 stroke takes long hard full kicks to start but its not hard to kick.

The KTM is not that hard to start, theres one point in the stroke that is kinda hard but it just take a nice kick with some ass behind it to get to kick over, i have heard that that hard spot goes away some when it breaks in. I only have about 2 hours on mine.

No you cant just kick it like a two stroke, a 4 stroke takes long hard full kicks to start but its not hard to kick.

Mine starts pretty easily (for not even bein broken in)

It usually take between 1-7 kicks (hot or cold) to get it fired, its been getting easier and easier to start everytime i go to start it though even though it only has 2 hours on it.

I think once it breaks in it will be plenty easy to start.

My dads yz 250f would take in upwards of 15-20 kicks sometimes when it was brand new. But that could have also been becuase it was his first 4 stroke and wasnt used to starting them yet.

iF i WERE GETTING A 250F i WOULD GET A ktm. Why?

1. I would be almost the only one with one. Easy for your friends to pick out on the track.

2. Everyone will watch you. so if you crash Everyone can point the flagger in your direction.

3.If your fast, chicks will think your sponsored and will pay attention to you. the stock KTM looks factory.

4. Has a warranty so it can get fixed if breaks in 30 days.