Sign in to follow this  

My first ever ride on a KTM/SXF

I soon get my first Ktm SxF, i really looking forward to try the bike :-) but i was wonderred about of some of you have any trouble with this wonderfull piece of work? Example Valve's, or the engine blow up ?

I soon get my first Ktm SxF, i really looking forward to try the bike :-) but i was wonderred about of some of you have any trouble with this wonderfull piece of work? Example Valve's, or the engine blow up ?

I have somewhere between 20 and 25 hours on mine (i guess but that seems about right for me) and the bike hasnt given me a moment of mechinacal problems :applause:

Halo Dummen! (the only Norwegian I know). The new KTM SXF's are incredibly cool. I had the opportunity to ride the 250 here in California and was very impressed with the suspension and power. I ride a 520 so the weight difference was substantial... it felt tiny!

Well I tried the 250 sx but ended up with the 450 Special Edition (R.steve). I was really going to get that nice 250 but since I m still a newbie I took the 450 cause the special edition is a way more smoother than the 250. The 250 was kinda too powerfull for me. I know it sounds like "what the heck??? a 250 mor epowerfull than a 450???" If you guys get the chance to try a 450 sx special edition you will be amazed how that bike does ride....smoother than the 250 and all the power of a 450 in high range!

I've seen those Steve Ramon replica bikes. They look really sweeeeeet. I'm hoping they make a SXF replica soon.

Happy riding

I have an 06 125sx and today i just picked up an 05 sxf. I have only ridden it in my yard, but the bike rips. Let it break in for at least 5 hours and it will rev really well. My dad seems to have changed his mind... says he wants me to ride the 06 instead. Anyways, i love the bike as well, I will be gone for a week starting this friday to go try it out at some tracks all over. The only problem that I have with mine is that it is very very loud.

I rode a 2005 SXF250 today at the track and I must say I was impressed. The bike had suspension mods and fork bottles and was awesome. Does anyone have an idea what the price (MSRP) is for a 2006 250SXF?

Thanks

The Ktm 250sx-f is an amazing bike I just got mine and its one of the best Ktms ive owned its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im 125 pounds before gear. Truthfully i like the suspension. I went 2 clicks softer on compression and 2 clicks slower on rebound both front and rear. I go pretty big, the suspension works AWSOME on the big hits.

On the rough stuff i could use lighter springs, eventually i probably will get it setup for my weight but its really not that bad right now.

I scored an '06 450EXC on Friday. Rode an hour and a half that day and another hour plus during the super bowl. I gotta say this bike rocks!!! Yes suspension real stiff but I'm told it will break in. Goobs-o-go on trails and a blast on forest service roads!

The breaks are great and not hard to get used to as my other ride is a Triumph 955 Sprint with big dual rotors up front.

The '06 graphics are cool, too.

what kind of exaust do you guys recomend for the 250sxf?

I have heard many great things about the FMF megabomb, i might get one this summer, just depends if i make it to loretta's or not. If i make it for 125 C stock im not going to put a pipe on there, if i make it 125C mod ill put a pipe on, if i dont make it to either of them then ill probably still put a megabomb on there.

In regards to removing the stock exhaust, I had to remove the shock and the :thumbsup: subframe. A bit of a pain compared to other models, but no big deal. Installed a FMF 4.1 with the megabomb :thumbsup: .

i just picked up my 206 KTM 250SXF and had supension work done inclluding air volume chambers and i must say that this is the best bike i have ever had.

My friend just put on a complete FMF 4.1 with mega bomb but has a problem with the rear tire rubbing against and grabbing the muffler hanging brackets. It's really starting to trash the hangers. He called FMF and they haven't helped much. Plus, they didn't include any jets or recommended changes so he's having to sort that out. Overall not too impressed with it. The whole aftermarket pipe thing is kind of a dilemma. I think the stock exhaust is pretty good, and I spoke to a guy at DMC who states it takes alot of work for them to make a pipe that improves performance over stock. I've read in the mags that the 250 fails sound tests (106db?!) due to KTM not programming the ignition to advance the timing when the engine revs without load. All of the Jap bikes have this and that is how they meet the sound regs. You can pay $350 for a Vortex ignition that has quiet ignition maps or buy a "quiet" pipe. I want one that has a quiet core available with spark arrestor for the trail, but also can be opened up to flow more on the track. I've narrowed to WB E2, Leo Vince, or DMC. I'm stilling trying to figure it out.

I picked up my 06 250sxf last November and only have 8.9 hours on it (moved and it rained all winter). I put an hour meter on it from the start so I can keep track of maintenance intervals.... highly recommended. I've ridden it on trails, open desert, and track, and so far I'm having the most fun on a bike I've ever had. I came off a tricked out 300 EXC which I loved. There's no shortage of power except huge sand hills where you notice the loss of deep power.

Does anyone know if the 06 EXC or MXC tanks will fit on the 250sxf? I thought that would be a good fix for more fuel in the desert or trail. That's enough for now. Sorry for the long response.

I just bought mine a couple weeks ago and have about 1.5 hours on it. I can not seem to get mine started hot or cold. If it doesnt start right up it wont start at all. Do you know what i could do. and is there any trick to starting (such as ways of using hot start and gas) thanks