Starting To Plan 2nd Annual Baja Husky Ride For 06

Hi guys,

Starting to plan the dates for our 2nd Annual Baja Husky Ride in 06. Looking at late March, April or 1st weekend in May. Will have set dates nlt October 15th. This one will expand to 5 days, most likely Monday to Friday. Stay tuned! :D Steny

Gonna miss the 1000 this year? Hoping to be there beginning of November till the Saturday race... Erendira area.

PM me and lets get together on your way down. I'll be there, just not racing with this darn elbow on the mend. :D I'm in Chula Vista, just 20 minutes from the border. Steny

....where else is the course going?

We'll be racing class 40 on the TE510...

:D

No Hijacking Mike! :D Just kidding. Baja Trail ride post :D , not Baja 1000 post. Put some training wheels on the bike so your co racer can stay up at those high speeds he crashes at. :D Steny

Trail will weave all over Northern Baja and group will be split into A/B riders and C riders. 100 to 140 miles per day. Support vehicles, nice motels, food, Huskys to ride with. This year it will be mainly Huskys first, with any left over slots going to non Huskys. More as I develop it. Will start in Rancho Veronica, same as last year. Steny

PM me and lets get together on your way down. I'll be there, just not racing with this darn elbow on the mend. :D I'm in Chula Vista, just 20 minutes from the border. Steny

You did the 'hyjacking'. I was just following your post-and trying to keep the string at the top-my way of being a team player...guess it didnt work. I certainly didnt mean to derail your baja ride.

As for the training wheels remark- thats just odd to read. yeah its been a bad streak...yeah he crashed hard in Nevada and at the 500--he's a desert racer. What does that have to do with anything? Why go there?

Remarks like that are REALLY not appreciated.

Can't we all just get along? :D:D

Keep us posted Steny; looking forward to the ride!

Just got my IMS tank and am also getting ready to weld on the tower for my Scott's dampener -- finally received the correct Pro Tech mount so I can finish up the Scott's. Also got the new plastic for my busted rear fender; have to install the JD kit and maybe do the BigBob seat upgrade and I'll be ready to go!

So Steny, when are we doing lunch?

I will call you for lunch.

You did the 'hyjacking'. I was just following your post-and trying to keep the string at the top-my way of being a team player...guess it didnt work. I certainly didnt mean to derail your baja ride.

As for the training wheels remark- thats just odd to read. yeah its been a bad streak...yeah he crashed hard in Nevada and at the 500--he's a desert racer. What does that have to do with anything? Why go there?

Remarks like that are REALLY not appreciated.

Mike. Sorrrrrry. :D Its hard for one to hijack his own posting, but I'll give in. :D The training wheels is a joke. :eek: Your partner knows where I'm coming from even if you dont. I've known Brian since 1985 and he is a good rider. :eek: Lighten up buddy. :D Its not all negative. Next year, just plan on ridding the ride as a rider. You would have had more fun that way.

As for everyone else, 5 days in Baja will be great. Most likely either Saturday thru Wednesday or Monday thru Friday. Dates to be posted in early October. Possibly a down day for ocean fishing in the local Panga's, during the trip as well? Steny

Me bad... (in a Shaq accent)

New post as of today with dates and info. This post has died today. thanks. Steny