Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R Valves and Options

Hi,

New to the board. First off I have to say that I absolutely love this bike and have an 04 and 05 for my son and I. For the 04 I got one complete year of use July - July for this bike and was quite happy. I never had to adjust anything. That said, the day came when I new it was time. I was prepared for this but.... now comes the heartache.

Plan A was switch to KibbleWhite stainless valves and springs which I understand have had good success in the 450's. However, they stopped shipping because of spring problems and have no date for resolution. This is a 250 problem not 450.

Plan B. Go with factory parts to keep riding and next time switch. I am planning to replace the piston also. For reference, list $$ on a complete top end from Honda is $400. But to my dismay, SOME OFTHE PARTS ARE ON INDEFINITE BACK ORDER. I called Honda and they told me they have the same info as I have and offered no alternatives or insight to when they would be availaible. I find this completely unacceptable given that Honda knows how often these need to be replaced. Or maybe it's more than they thought given the unavailability.

My question. Does anybody have any ideas on options? Kibblewhite is the only one I know of for aftermarket valves.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Hi,

New to the board. First off I have to say that I absolutely love this bike and have an 04 and 05 for my son and I. For the 04 I got one complete year of use July - July for this bike and was quite happy. I never had to adjust anything. That said, the day came when I new it was time. I was prepared for this but.... now comes the heartache.

Plan A was switch to KibbleWhite stainless valves and springs which I understand have had good success in the 450's. However, they stopped shipping because of spring problems and have no date for resolution. This is a 250 problem not 450.

Plan B. Go with factory parts to keep riding and next time switch. I am planning to replace the piston also. For reference, list $$ on a complete top end from Honda is $400. But to my dismay, SOME OFTHE PARTS ARE ON INDEFINITE BACK ORDER. I called Honda and they told me they have the same info as I have and offered no alternatives or insight to when they would be availaible. I find this completely unacceptable given that Honda knows how often these need to be replaced. Or maybe it's more than they thought given the unavailability.

My question. Does anybody have any ideas on options? Kibblewhite is the only one I know of for aftermarket valves.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Search Previous Posts, this has been debated to DEATH!

IMO, (and you can search things I have posted if you are not sure I know what I am talking about)

Call Pro Circuit. They will set you up with a permanent fix to your problem.

PC is way expensive. Give RHC a call, he has ti and SS valves as well as spring kits and hes way cheaper than PC. I am running his ti valves in my race motor and they have been pounded and are still holding up great, havent had to shim the valves once.

So wait......can KibbleWhite stainless valves and springs be used on the 250/ do they even make it for this bike(CRF250R). Is the reason yuor having these problems because you race, or do you just desert ride.

We used the Ferrea Valves that RHC has with his matching stronger springs-Great

so far-and Ron was Great to deal with-a wealth of info!

(for our '04 250X)

see Ron's Web Site here

PC is way expensive. Give RHC a call, he has ti and SS valves as well as spring kits and hes way cheaper than PC. I am running his ti valves in my race motor and they have been pounded and are still holding up great, havent had to shim the valves once.

Jimmy,

Since you seem to know &%$#@! you are talking about, who is "RHC" and how do I get in contact?

Also, it's mentioned in this thread that Kibblewhite stopped shipping "due to spring problems"

Anyone have specific info as to what the problem was and how they plan to correct it?

If I was to guess that the heavier Stainless Valves were killing Valvesprings would I be getting close?