Sign in to follow this  

01 vs. 02

In CA and want to buy a green sticker 250f (must be 02 or earlier). . Thinking the 01 and 02 models are identical. Can someone confirm this?

Thx,

Brian

They are very similar but not identical. There were a few minor changes in 02.

Nothing you would really notice. Increased reliability.

The 02 would probably have less mileage than the 01. My 01 has less miles on it compared to most 03s'.

Thanks for the comments.. Guess I'm still trying to find out if it's worth it to wait and find a 02 model or pick up a 01 given simliar condition and usage..

Thanks in advance...

Brian

yes the 02 do have a bigger crank pin,there was a bit of a problem with the 01 snapping the crank pin off the crank,i have an wr250f 02 and seized the crank bearing 2 weeks ago and was left with a $2000 bill,but i have a new motor now except for the gear box :D

I have an 01 with 10,000 plus miles on it. Lots of dual sporting! Its been a wonderfully reliable bike. Get an 01 and put the 03 YZ cam in it.

i just recently bought an 01 and i love the bike. its up to you just make sure it has the 03 cam. other wise if your not a big racer or whatever your not going to know the difference from an 01 and a 02