Sign in to follow this  

jet installation Xr100

yes its another jet question about an xr100 I have been riding for a good while and this is my first bike that Ive hopped up I put the fmf pipe on the uni filter bbr suspension but I need jets I was just wondering how hard they are to install can anyone tell me or give me a link with instructions on it

Its really not hard to do, but dont forget that fuel will be inside the carb so be prepared when when you take it apart (get paper towels ready).

You don't have to remove the carb. Just loosen the mounting clamps, rotate the carb, remove the bowl, and replace the jets. It can be done without even rotating the carb but it only takes a second and makes it much easier.

You don't have to remove the carb. Just loosen the mounting clamps, rotate the carb, remove the bowl, and replace the jets. It can be done without even rotating the carb but it only takes a second and makes it much easier.

You can't rotate these cabs as the are bolted to the manifold, but you can still do without taking the carb off, albeit harder to do.

You can't rotate these cabs as the are bolted to the manifold, but you can still do without taking the carb off, albeit harder to do.
On the bikes where the flange is part of the carb you simply remove the two nuts, loosen the boot on the back of the carb, pull the carb back off of the studs and rotate.

On the bikes where the flange is part of the carb you simply remove the two nuts, loosen the boot on the back of the carb, pull the carb back off of the studs and rotate.

This is pretty much the same as taking it off. :D

This is pretty much the same as taking it off. :D
Throttle cable, fuel line, vent lines are still hooked up and best of all you don't have to fight the boot back onto the back of the carb (sometimes the boot pops on fine, other times it's a finger pinching pain in the ass). Pulling the carb, replacing jets and reinstalling takes all of 15 minutes. Leaving it in the bike takes less than 10. That's five extra minutes of ride time. :D

Ive been in my carb well over a dozen times trying to the my carb jetted right, and it only takes me 5 minutes to get it all done. Its easier taking it completely off so you dont spill gas all over your bike every time.

Its lots easier if you use some punctuation.