Sign in to follow this  

specific flywheel q's

I'm really thinking about the flywheel mod. my dad is a machinest and he can do it but he needs to know where to take from? :D (Pics would be wonderful) and do i have to take excactly 18 oz.? i want to only take 12 or 13. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx :D

you can take anywhere from 1-20.. go to ttr125l.com.. then click on modifications then flywheel mod. pictures and everything. but if your going to take some off id just go ahead and do the whole thing

you can take anywhere from 1-20.. go to ttr125l.com.. then click on modifications then flywheel mod. pictures and everything. but if your going to take some off id just go ahead and do the whole thing

Pretty much what he said :D:D

if you ride trails a lot you dont want a hole lot off it cuz you loose bottom end when you do that

oh yes.. if your riding trails this will probably only hurt you.. back when i rode the ttr i loved to ride a gear high and just lug it up the muddiest hills ever. if your riding mx thought it would help you. you will see a small amount of aceleration help after doing this.. but you will loose the "torquey" feel when you get into the slippery stuff

Mine was so torquey when I got it.I have three rides on a 14t front sprocket and its still torquey.So shaving off a little probably woudln't hurt to much.I'd be leary on shaving off a lot tho

how much more top speed do you get with a 14 tooth???.. my brother wants one and i was just wondering
probably a few mph??? im runnin a 14-49 on my ttr 125l but i have a 150 kit so that always helps a little :D but if your not wide open in 5th its not that great