Sign in to follow this  

Fatbar clamps on DRZ-400S

Hi

In TheMONKEY's post, the other day, there was this pic that showed his new Fatbars and Renthal Fatbar clamps. I have a set of RC bend fatbars in black :D and I'd love to use the same bar mounts - but I have the S model with the bar clamps cast into the top yoke.

What can I do? Can I/should I get the yoke machined or should I just buy Moose clamps. I searched everywhere for BigDR risers, by the way, and came up with nothing.

Cheers

Ian

The best way to go black would be to just replace your top triple clamp with a black one. I have a tag matrix set I may breakup if you want the top clamp. Here is a pic of it. I also have a replacement top clamp mount by scotts for running a stabilizer or just more stability since it is one piece.

Here is a pic of it. Let me know if you are interested.

PICT0007.jpg

I searched everywhere for BigDR risers, by the way, and came up with nothing.

I am in a similar situation. I purchased BigDR bar risers for my stock bars. I love them but I just bent the stock bars. I would love to go to fat bars but the risers are for 7/8" bars. Does anyone know if I can get a fat bar adapter for the end of my BigDR risers?

Aren't TheMONKEY's bars mounted with adapters that fit in the stock saddle? It looks like that type of adapter to me. Those are $69.95 part #019-4090 at Chaparral 1-800-841-2960 or www.ChaparralMotorsports.com and raise the bars 2/3 of an inch.

They are drop in replacements and not adapters. The SM has rubber mounted bar clamps unlike the S.

I am in a similar situation. I purchased BigDR bar risers for my stock bars. I love them but I just bent the stock bars. I would love to go to fat bars but the risers are for 7/8" bars. Does anyone know if I can get a fat bar adapter for the end of my BigDR risers?
Doing the building block approach is not a good idea IMHO.... If you want 1 1/8 bars,, Get a top clamp made for it.