Non-Cali model DRZSM - black box?????

What is the black box inside the left side "number plate" on my Louisiana DRZSM visible from the rear but covered by the plate? Looks like 1/2 carton of smokes and like it snaps together or something. It wouldn't be a charcoal cannister, would it? I thought that was Cali-specific? If it is, I want to remove it per the many, many posts I've read here.

flasher for the blinkers. The Evap canister is big ugly and goes by the rear fender and has tons of hoses hooked up to the carb / tank

Edit : Doh I am on crack dont mind me. :D I was thinking half a pack and front number plate. The black box you are refing to is for the battery.

If it is the box just barely visible in this photo then it is the battery.

installed_rear_view.jpg

Yeah, I'm an idiot.... I didn't draw the connection and I'M the one who wired the lights!

Thanx, folks! I think I'll leave it on the bike.....you think? :D

Unless you really like to bump start your bike :D

Or remove the electric start and kick it like mine. :D

Alright, guys.... no thread to see here.... move along. Go back to your homes and places of business.

:D

Not sure I'm through poking a stick at ya though :D

Yeah, get your jabs in now, 'cause... 'cause some day, when I rule the universe....see.... I'll...

Oh, nevermind. :D

Alright, guys.... no thread to see here.... move along. Go back to your homes and places of business.

:D

:D :D