wr250f 50 MPH?

i have an 05 and according to the ticket that the nice state trooper gave me i was doing 105 and the only mod i have done is the throttle stop screw has been changed to the yzf's!!!!

That can NOT be stock gearing!

Cruising at 50mph? Dualsport mode? WRs can handle 50mph no problem, but the US models are not designed to be ridden at any sustained highway speed for a long time in STOCK form/gears. If you plan on being on the streets a lot, you might consider putting on a larger CS or smaller rear sprocket to make it easier on the engine at higher speed.

i have an 05 and according to the ticket that the nice state trooper gave me i was doing 105 and the only mod i have done is the throttle stop screw has been changed to the yzf's!!!!

That wasn't 105mph, that was 105 K/hr... :D

i have an 05 and according to the ticket that the nice state trooper gave me i was doing 105

i would fight that ticket. the WRF does not go 105mph unless strapped into the back of a pickup truck. please save these stories for lunchtime or recess.

sigh... yet another discussion on the top speed of wrf's and yzf's; even more annoying is the fact that "top speed" was not the question the original poster asked.

the original poster wanted to know if the wrf would "cruise" at 50mph. i actually have significant time at or above 50mph on my wrf. one word summary: BUZZZZZZ. the wr250f is not suited as a long distance dual sport bike, a la the DRZ400.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

So what you are saying is that your WR is street legal in Alabama? Or was this speeding ticket just one of many citations that day for various vehicle code violations?

at 5'10" 165lbs i am somewhat light. i paid the ticket $227 didnt know that at the time that it wouldn't do 105. oh well, but the trap at the local quarter mile drag strip said 101.034 @ 11.27 et. and that is ALL stock gearing, wheels tires, motor, exhuast, head pipe, grips. just like you would buy at the local shop, OTHER then the throttle stop being the same length as the yzfs. oops.... my bad i was also running 100 octane gasoline i guess i can put that in my lunch box and eat it at recess while i tell my stories. jeff

like you said alabama. i am fortunate to live in a hick town. and all i got was the speeding ticket. i guess he was more "madder" for the speed than not having insurance or a tag. but if i had one more mile to ride i would have been on my home turf (back roads and fields) and wouldnt have gotten the ticket but would have had to haul my bike at nite. jeff

at 5'10" 165lbs i am somewhat light. i paid the ticket $227 didnt know that at the time that it wouldn't do 105. oh well, but the trap at the local quarter mile drag strip said 101.034 @ 11.27 et. and that is ALL stock gearing, wheels tires, motor, exhuast, head pipe, grips. just like you would buy at the local shop, OTHER then the throttle stop being the same length as the yzfs. oops.... my bad i was also running 100 octane gasoline i guess i can put that in my lunch box and eat it at recess while i tell my stories. jeff

That's physically not possible with the stock gearing and how fast the motor will spin (13.5k rpm)! Both radar guns need calibrating... :D

That's physically not possible with the stock gearing and how fast the motor will spin (13.5k rpm)! Both radar guns need calibrating... :D

Agreed... and if the sprockets have been changed to allow 100+, then getting off the line or up a hill must be a bitch.

Stock tires and gearing, 85 max. My buddy has been there... that's the rev limiter.