Sign in to follow this  

seat hight on 05 250f

I was wondering if the seat hight was lowered on the 05 250f from the 04 and if so by how much? I know the 450 was lowered but not sure about the 250f. I have an 04 and it is alittle high for me. I shaved the seat as much as I dare. and I can only tip toe the ground. It scares me in the slow tech stuff.

No, not according to the specs on their website. Both are 39.2"

'06 model is, however, 38.7" :D

Really, the 05 wr is lower than the 05 yzf. How was this accomplished? What is different?

No, not according to the specs on their website. Both are 39.2"

'06 model is, however, 38.7" :D

Those are YZF seat heights..................I assumed YZF for some reason, although it wasn't specified. Maybe because that's what I have??? :D

u could lower it by the preload rings on the rear shock too...after shaving the seat

Really, the 05 wr is lower than the 05 yzf. How was this accomplished? What is different?

Rear suspension geometry was changed slightly. There was an overall reduction in ground clearance and seat height.

I think the greatest reduction in seat height came form raising up the steering head slightly which dropped everything else. Yes, the trade off is a reduction in ground clearance.

I was considering the 05 because of the lower seat height but decided to keep my 03 for another year.