Sign in to follow this  

Custom Model car I made

The chassis is modeled after a berrienbuggy.com "venture" frame. Sorta like a volkswagon sand rail type thing.

I want to build a full size working sand rail in the future. Heres what I had to go on. -->

17bebf10.jpg

1d4f41c0.jpg

Heres what I made:

P2160082.jpg

P2160012.jpg

P2160011.jpg

(its all 1/8th filler rod, TIG welded at work on my lunch breaks )

Wicked! How long did it take?

2 weeks, using 90% of my lunch breaks (30 min) and my two daily breaks (15min)... and some other time here and there

10 days x [(30min)+(15min)+(15min)]

=600 min / 60 min in an hour

=10 hours of work at the least

+ painting + beed blasting.

Set it up for radio control fun.

uhh nope its just a mock up frame in mini-scale. I thought about it though would be fun.

2 weeks, using 90% of my lunch breaks (30 min) and my two daily breaks (15min)... and some other time here and there

10 days x [(30min)+(15min)+(15min)]

=600 min / 60 min in an hour

=10 hours of work at the least

+ painting + beed blasting.

uhh nope its just a mock up frame in mini-scale. I thought about it though would be fun.

It wouldn't be that hard to convert, how big is it? I don't know how strong the rod you used is but if it's a fairly small chassis it would handle it fine.

look at the penny for size refference. the buggy is 13.5 inches long. 9.5:1 scale.

I wont be changing it to R/C because I admire it as a frame model. I will make a full size buggy one day. The frame will come in kit form from berrienbuggy.com

looks like mine, but it is cleaner, nicer paint and a little smaller

I have to cut the windsheild out and raise the top bars to fit my legs and head in, then cut the back off for IRS but the rest is close.

That is some nice work, and a good colour too.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/scdapmp/PICT1428.jpg

funny I dont have any sand pics :D

Wow, thats great. Must have taken quite some patience :D

If that took patience, imagine what building the real thing will take. But what a ride it will be me and my girl blasting though town on a VW sand rail pulling a few wheelies then heading out into some trail :D

The chassis is modeled after a berrienbuggy.com "venture" frame. Sorta like a volkswagon sand rail type thing.

I want to build a full size working sand rail in the future. Heres what I had to go on. -->

17bebf10.jpg

1d4f41c0.jpg

Heres what I made:

P2160082.jpg

P2160012.jpg

P2160011.jpg

(its all 1/8th filler rod, TIG welded at work on my lunch breaks )

nice job Gyro. BTW, Berrien Buggy is in Berrien Springs, MI. about an hour and a half from me. The make some cool shit. :D