150 vs 230 Speed diffrence?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, is there a major speed diffrence between the 150 and 230? My friend has a 230 and I am probably gonna get a 150, however, if there is a big diffrence, I might get the 230.

Thanks!

Stock vs stock a 230 would blow it away for sure unless the driver of the 230 is a complete and uter noob. But If you take the snorkle and baffle out of a 230 and race it against a highly moddified 150 with everything except a big bore kit, I would bet alot of money the 230 would win if it had the same driver. It takes alot to make up for 80 cc's. There is no replacement for displacement

stock to stock a 230 blows it away with the mods i have it only depends whos driving

Dude a stock CRF230 would whoop your bike. Not to sound mean but a pipe and a UNI air filter isn't going to make up for 80cc's.

There is about a 10 MPH difference between them.

i could beat a crf 230 in a drag race just because i am a really good driver and i would powershift and start in 2nd gear my dad has a 230 and he doesnt do those things so i beat him in a drag race but a trail race i would win but a straight line street race thats more than 300ft he would definately win

i could beat a crf 230 in a drag race just because i am a really good driver and i would powershift and start in 2nd gear my dad has a 230 and he doesnt do those things so i beat him in a drag race but a trail race i would win but a straight line street race thats more than 300ft he would definately win

arent we cocky :D

Baaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm not even going to post against you any more. :D:eek::D :D

Honda Best 789, as you can see I am in the same position as you are, and fully agree with you. While the extra gear only adds about 10mph to the top speed, the 230 pulls harder in each gear, allowing you to get to, say, 45mph a bit faster on the 230.

I thought the 150 was also a 6 speed. 5th gear on the 230 is really short.