Sign in to follow this  

what is the best street legal enduro ?

not the DRZ400?

yes the DRZ :D

Unless your looking to do a lot of miles in one sitting.. or with a large load.. then I would be looking at an xr650 or some other blarger bike..

Unless your looking to do a lot of miles in one sitting.. or with a large load.. then I would be looking at

PICT0101.jpg

:D:D

15 years non-current :D

I really need to slap a light or two on my klx and maybe even a brake switch and try the beast on a trip.....maybe just the cascades.......no wait, the wallowa's are just a bit further :D

Where on earth do you find a KLR dressed in those fancy clothes, 10guy?

As for best street legal dirt-ride? Really depends on how much dirt vs. road you ride. U gotta figure that out yourself.

Only offered in the states for two years and one of those, 89, I'm not so sure about. Mine is a 90. Few other differences, rear shock is different and the fork valving/rate is different. The brakes are off the zx-10 of the day, only use one disc up front instead of two, but still a lot better than the stock klr's.

I've only ever seen two other's, one was owned by a friend who hooked me up with mine and the other was a fleeting glimpse going the other direction on the highway. I was in my truck with boat in tow so no way to turn and catch it.

Right now the closest thing to a street legal dirt bike right off the showroom floor would have to be the drz400s

how much ? and what year is the lowest i should go ?

i have about 4,800 but will finance if needed ]

OK Your in CA,, so you need/want something platable?? Yes?

That means a DRZ E that is already plated in CA.. Or a DRZ S.. If going for the S..Look for something 2003 or later.. It has all of the latest OEM upgrades for that model. You should easily find one in good~great shape for the $$ your looking to spend.

Take a look in the For Sale - Classified Ads and Auctions You might find one there now for sale :D

I saw a 2001 DRZ2001S with 2200 miles for 3000. Would this be a good buy. Is there a reason for not buying 2001 instead of 2003. Aren't they basically the same bike?

I saw a 2001 DRZ2001S with 2200 miles for 3000. Would this be a good buy. Is there a reason for not buying 2001 instead of 2003. Aren't they basically the same bike?

Basically, yes they are the same bike.

But the 2001 model has inferior suspension to the 2003 model.

I know this to my cost, as I have a 2000 model.:D

Neil. :D