dirt in carb

i need some input.. I went too change my needle clip today and when i took the top of the carb apart, it was brown looks like dirt i whip it off it's kinda sticky and looks like mud when i wipe it with my finger.. It's not alot but there some there too make me kinda concerned..I clean my filter alot I'm getting ready too stick a twin air pro flow kit in and i don't see any dirt inside my air boot, my dad said maybe i might have a vacume leak somewhere but i would think it would make it run bad right?? I need some help thanks

oh and i also have had too move the needle 2 clips down too richen it up from factory, so im thinking i have a vacume leak somewhere but i dont no where too start

i need some input.. I went too change my needle clip today and when i took the top of the carb apart, it was brown looks like dirt i whip it off it's kinda sticky and looks like mud when i whip it with my finger.. It's not alot but there some there too make me kinda concerned..I clean my filter alot I'm getting ready too stick a twin air pro flow kit in and i don't see any dirt inside my air boot, my dad said maybe i might have a vacume leak somewhere but i would think it would make it run bad right?? I need some help thanks

I've seen that too. In my case it was very obvious it was coming in thru the hot start cable :D

well i just took my carb off and on the inside the carb toward the intake it's all brown and going into the intake it's all brown i think i might have a big problem somewhere :D i have another question how come on the filter side of the carb it's clean i mean spotless, then on the other side of the carb toward the head it's brown ??

i have another question how come on the filter side of the carb it's clean i mean spotless, then on the other side of the carb toward the head it's brown ??

Because your carb is sucking in dirty air from a leak somewhere, like your hot start like matte stated.

Oh, and it's spelled W I P E, not W H I P. Wipe is what you do after you $hit, Whip is what you do to show off at the end of a moto.

yeah my bad i knew i missed spelled it after i posted i just did not feel like going back and fixing it lmao

Because your carb is sucking in dirty air from a leak somewhere, like your hot start like matte stated.

Oh, and it's spelled W I P E, not W H I P. Wipe is what you do after you $hit, Whip is what you do to show off at the end of a moto.

Hold on, wait a minute, G! I be rollin' dubs on my "whips"!!

We've seen the same thing on the 250's. Hawaii-Rider did some experiments that indicated that the dirt was coming in the carb vent lines. I was aware of the dirt issue before I bought my '05 X, so I put carb vent filters on all my vent hoses before riding it. After 350 mies, I took the vent filters out and inspected for dust. In my case, the filter on the vent line leading to the upper right side of the carburetor was full of dust. My carb was completely clean at 350 miles and I ride in dusty NM conditions all the time.

I should note that a failed foam sealing ring on the OEM filter can let dust past the filter and it will collect in the top of the carb. I had that happen for one ride at about 500 miles. I replaced the filter, cleaned the carb and no more dust. Gotta be careful with these things.

yep thats what mine looks like and i keep up on my filter too