Best Mods for Ram Hemi

Just curious what mods you guys are doing on your Hemi trucks. I'm mostly interested in fuel economy and more power. Anyone done anything to help that dead spot in the powerband? Thanks!

Bill

Best mods is a real truck.

No mods on my truck, but I don't care because the thing hauls ass!

good luck getting fuel economy out of anything with a dodge emblem on it :D

Most likely a chip should do the job. I'm not a dodge guy so I don't know what else is out there. Cool Air intake is what I also put on my truck, thing climbs hills like nothing now pulling a trailer.

Just curious what mods you guys are doing on your Hemi trucks. I'm mostly interested in fuel economy and more power. Anyone done anything to help that dead spot in the powerband? Thanks!

Bill

The best mod I did to my Dodge Hemi 1500 was to trade that POS underpowered engine for a 2500 Cummins.

:D

250 Thumper, Hokie and Chevy Cowboy - man, you guys are a bunch of a**es. The truck gets decent mileage and has great power. I'm getting sometimes 20mph on the highway. On the highway I'm getting at least 16 - often more and the motor isn't even broken in yet. That's better than my Ford Explorer. My buddies F350 diesel can't even touch that. Not even close. I have no need or desire to pull massive toyhaulers or other big loads. I do not want a stinking rattling diesel. Had enough of that years ago. The truck suits me just fine as is, I just want to tinker with it a bit.

There's a weird dead spot in the power at around 2500rpm, and I'm just trying to find out some information. Most of you aren't even Dodge owners, so why the #$!! do you find the need to pop in and try demean me, my ride and other Dodge owners in a lame ass atempt to make yourselves look superior? All you clowns can do is spout your standard company policy. If you own a chevy, chevy's rule the world. If you own a Ford, Ford can do no wrong. If you only knew how much the rest of us were laughing at you. It's you guys and your sarcastic BS is what wears me out on TT. Get over yourselves and learn that different products (bikes and trucks) meet different needs of the people that bought them. Yes, Chevy Cowboy, not even Chevy's are perfect. Sorry to break it to you.

Fretslider and Hondaracing - thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Bill

Yes, Chevy Cowboy, not even Chevy's are perfect. Sorry to break it to you.

Bill

Wow, nice sense of humor ya got there Bill :D

And for the record, I never claimed chevy's were perfect... but they do get considerably better gas mileage than a dodge :D

Man, you Dodge owners aways seem to have your panties in your ass.

It's like Dodge is more into putting "HEMI" all over thier truck and stupid spoilers than making a real 1500. I'm surprised they haven't done anything to the Cummins line.

Bill

Bill - if you'd like to skip the pissing match and get real answers to your question, you may want to check out http://www.dodgetalk.com

Bill - if you'd like to skip the pissing match and get real answers to your question, you may want to check out http://www.dodgetalk.com

Hey Greg, thanks! I'm going there now. Appreciate it.

Thumpher, I'll watch for your mighty prerunner on the freeway while I'm blowing past you.

:D

Cowboy, you need to get over yourself dude.

Hey, at least mine doesn't come stock with spoilers that render the truck useless.

Cowboy, you need to get over yourself dude.

And you need to learn to take a joke without getting your panties in a wad :D

Theres jabs at all brands of trucks on this forum, reguardless of which brand we drive, we ALL get poked fun at occasionally... don't take stuff so serious :D

All brands have their pluses and minuses. I have an '03 Hemi. I've been pleased with it for over 40k miles. No problems except for warped rotors taken care of by the dealer at around 5k.

Truck has never gotten "good" mileage. It has gotten "OK" mileage for what I use it for, lite hauling and pulling the Malibu. It can't out pull a stock diesel but it will kick the diesel's ass in most performance related measures.

I'm happy with it. :D

Hey, at least mine doesn't come stock with spoilers that render the truck useless.

Neither does mine.

And you need to learn to take a joke without getting your panties in a wad :D

Fair enough, but maybe you should try helping out a bro a little before slamming him. I make it a point not to to slam someone I've never had contact with before. Doing so just makes you look like an a$$#@%! to the person you're blasting. There's lots of guys out there that LOVE their dodges, as unplausable as that may sound to you.

From what I've seen, you don't have any suggestions to help out anyone except telling them to buy a Chevy. For many of us that is not an option.

Fair enough, but maybe you should try helping out a bro a little before slamming him. I make it a point not to to slam someone I've never had contact with before. Doing so just makes you look like an a$$#@%! to the person you're blasting. There's lots of guys out there that LOVE their dodges, as unplausable as that may sound to you.

From what I've seen, you don't have any suggestions to help out anyone except telling them to buy a Chevy. For many of us that is not an option.

Well first of all, what I said wasnt untrue, reguardless of how much ya like your ram, you've gotta admit dodges are notorious for their bad fuel mileage. Buying a V8 Dodge then asking how to get good fuel mileage out of it, is like buying a cow and asking how to get pork out of it. :D

Second of all you really ought to look around alittle more before saying I never help anyone with questions, I'll gladly give advice to folks if its a subject I know something about.

I'd say dual Flowmaster exhaust. Cold Air Intake. A Chip that may be all.

I never heard of anyone buying a Hemi or any other V10 truck engine for the mileage they get. Just like you don't hear of many guys buying diesels for the high mph they are going to be driving at. Apples and oranges guys. Hell, my old 88, V6 Toyota with the 3.0 got 15 mpg on the open highway at 55 mph. Go 60 or more and it dropped to 10 or less with 31x10.50s on it. Didn't buy it for the mileage, but for off roading and reliability (which was slight joke on us all with the 3.0 head problems for years. LOL) Steny

My dad has the 2005 King Ranch Ford F-250 PowerStroke with twin Turbo's... KICK ASS!!! If you get a deisel or have one, go to West Texas Turbo Deisel.com They will help you out on your decisions!!!