Sign in to follow this  

looks like dual exhaust for 06...

I'm not saying it won't happen for 06, but please explain to me the leap of logic that lead you to conclude that Honda will do something to stock bikes in 06 because FMF did it to Ryno's bike this weekend.

FMF has probobly heard from Honda that they're going to a two muffler design. FMF makes a pre production one that they can race with and get people to embrace their twin muffler design. I'm sure they're scared that people will just buy a single mufflers for the 2006's so they want to show off the two muffler design to get people to jive with the idea.

IMO the AMA should encourage these twin muffler bikes, or make a 98 decibel sound rule. japan has allready adopted such a rule, and I think it would be wise for the AMA to do so as well. I'm aware that these are comp. bikes and should be viewd as such by opossiton, but they are not. And would you ride your bike until the neibors called the popo on you, and the popo told you that you were bugging the neiborhood and you have to stop. Well I've seen scenarios like this played out, and I don't think we need to have legislations passed against us just because we want to ride loud bikes.

the honda web site says nothing about twin pipes for 06

maybe 07? anywho, i have seen pics of a twin pipe bike in a mag and i don't like it. and who the heck wants to pay for 2 pipes, 1 cost' to much for crying out loud.

Last time I checked, which was today, the Honda website only has info on the 04 and 05 models. Give us a link to where you're seeing info on the 2006.

the cans look shorter and more compact, maybe even less prone to damage? and if dual exhausts isn't in production for 06 it will be here before long, love it or hate it :D

And nobody ever said anything about the crf250x comming with dualy exaust. That thing's chocked up with the one muffler as it is.

the crfr uses two unrestricted mufflers to get the desired sound output without sacrificing power. The x is a trail bike so they don't worry about power as much.

the honda web site says nothing about twin pipes for 06

maybe 07? anywho, i have seen pics of a twin pipe bike in a mag and i don't like it. and who the heck wants to pay for 2 pipes, 1 cost' to much for crying out loud.

I agree. I don't like it either. If all manufactures for 2006 are using a single pipe, then it can't be a problem. Honda are trying to look different to its image from others. Its nothing special, just an extra exhaust mounted to one pipe. More weight for no power gain, but good reduction on noise. Believe it or not, my current 05 CRF250R is quieter than my unleaded petrol Lawnmower!. At the end of the day, I'm not going to go any faster....

The good part, less noise :D with still good power and no extra weight.

The bad part, expensive, crash prone$$.... looks heavy and quad like. :D

is their a point in duels, its still a single head pipe, if you ahve a 2" pipe going from 2" to 3" isnt going to do much because there is 2" restriction

i dont get the fact of duels