Sign in to follow this  

MotoHawaii Rocks

(photos don't seem to show always, reloading randomly loads some, I don't know why, they all show here on this page if you have trouble)

I took Torture Chambers advice, and hooked up with the guys at MotoHawaii on my recent trip. Damn good advice. We meet up in Princeville, on Kauai, in Hawaii. I hooked up with MotoHawaii, and I rode all day today. I was the slow guy, no doubt, but others did drop the bike more than me!

This the first photo down by the beach after some tight technical jungle stuff. This was soo diffrent from open desert, I don't even have barkbusters on my bike at home! I’m covered with sweat, but not muddy or bloody yet!

bIMGP1892.jpg

Next, I’m parked by a creek in the “Garden Island” of Kauai, and starting to get muddy. Soft mud is cool, way better than the rock and cactus at home!

bIMGP1893.jpg

bIMGP1894.jpg

Enough goofing off, back into the jungle of “Garden Island” of Kauai.

bIMGP1895.jpg

Then a break for lunch back at The Shack, good food or very hungry, not sure which.

bIMGP1899.jpg

Then we road to this stream, where we hung out a while.

bIMGP1900.jpg

Behind me in this picture is Mt. Wai'ale'ale, the "Wettest Spot on Earth."

bIMGP1901.jpg

Then some deep nasty mud, and it was time for a swim. Yes, I know I need to loose a few pounds, you don’t need to tell me.

bIMGP1904.jpg

And, yes, I did go in!

bIMGP1905.jpg

Then we geared back up and road some more.

bIMGP1907.jpg

Even if I only took one vacation day, I would say that this was a vacation day well spent.

There is a thread over on KTMtalk stating that MotoHawaii will be closing due to land use issues. It appears to be legit and has been confirmed by somefrom from MH. Huge bummer because I was hoping to ride with them someday.

R

boy thos red x's sure do look like fun

I don't know why the work sometimes and not others. But if you follow the link, (again

here is a link) you can see them.

There is a thread over on KTMtalk stating that MotoHawaii will be closing due to land use issues. It appears to be legit and has been confirmed by somefrom from MH. Huge bummer because I was hoping to ride with them someday.

R

The mentioned it might, but it seemed unsure when they were talking about it when I was there.

you're links are bad oh well at least the commentary was exciting :D

Leaving on the 21st to hook up with Jeff at MotoHawaii... Thanks for the pics! The only bummer is last week, some land nazi that has control over the tribal lands in Hawaii shut down 20,000 acres on the island of Kauwai, pretty much killing Jeff's business. :D So, we're still going, we just havet to stick to Jeff's private stash of trails. I'm sure it will still be epic. :D