Sign in to follow this  

Breaking in 4 strokes

This has probly been covered 100s of times but i couldent find any...

What is the properway to break in a 4 stroke 250F...

About how long will it take?

With my 2 strokes i always would run a 15 min ride let it cool and repeat like 3 or 4 times.

When i get my new bike i wanna make sure i break it in properly

Its sooooooo hard not to get on it right away and see what i can do!!!!!!

i dont know about a yz250f but i think about all 4 strokes are the same..i did mine for bout 5 hr not killin it ridin it easier

Once it's ready to ride, warm it up longer than you usually do, then take it easy for the first 5-10 minutes. If all seems OK, ride it at about 50-60% for the next 20 minutes, and 75-80% for the following 20. After that, just ride it, avoiding only very high RPM operation, or extended periods of full throttle, like climbing sand hills, until it's been run for two hours. Change the oil and filter at 2-3 hours and that should be it.

thanks il pass on breaking it in how im gunna race it .......... Thats not to smart! thanks all

thanks il pass on breaking it in how im gunna race it .......... Thats not to smart! thanks all

Take his advice. If you want a fast bike that isn't going to smoke, ride it hard for the first 30 minutes. I'm not talking a 30 minute moto or anything like that but ... Warm up the bike ride a lap to warm up the fluids and then run two or three hard laps... 85%. Then slow down for a couple and repeat. When your finished go change your oil. After that ride as you would normally ride. Because the nicklesel cylinders are so hard, you have to ride them harder to break them in correctly. Have fun with your new bike... :D