Sign in to follow this  

FMF power up kit

Ordered my FMF power up kit from Rush racing Friday 12th, received it this morning Saturday 13th. now thats service!

Anyway i have a 2005 DR-Z 400 SM and was interested to see what the difference was between the Dynojet kit for the s model which i had already fitted, and the FMF kit which is specific to the SM model.

Basically the only difference is the needle which broader for a longer portion of its length, which allows a richer main jet (155) for top end power when used with a modded air box, but keeps the midrange correct.

Ive fitted FMF kit as per the supplied insructions ( stage 2), and taken it for a run.It seems to rev out a lot better and seems crisper. My fun was cut short by torrential rain here in England, but i think it now needs taller gearing.

I will try it for a few weeks and make a decision then but early signs are good :D :D

do you have a part number and price that you paid for the kit, I just ordered a road legal REMUS titanium Can for my 05 SM and may want to compliment it by re-jetting

FMF jet up kit (011796) £52.45 delivered to your door.

Rush racinig UK , Tel.01404 549696 :D

let us know how this mod feels AFTER youve used it a bit more!!

is there realy that much difference in power

seems like a load of fuss over about 3bhp to me!?!?!?! :D

Which equates to almost a 10% increase in power :D

Having recently fitted the FMF SM kit and the 3x3 mod in combination with a new pipe, I can say that it makes a 'very' noticable improvement.

Got a chance to get out for an hour and give it a run in the dry, and again things feel better than the dynojet "s" kit. Seems to rev out better and when

cruising at around 75-85mph it"s a lot more relaxed and smoother,less throttle needed.The FMF kit instructions recommend an after market exhaust and the 3x3 mod for stage 2, but I"m trying to stick with the stock for now.

So at the moment it"s set up as this.

FMF NEEDLE CLIP SECOND FROM BOTTOM

155 MAIN JET

STOCK PILOT JET 3.5 TURNS OUT

STOCK EXHAUST

FMF SLIDE SPRING

3x3 MOD

Now for the bad news,when i got home i thought I"d make an adjustment to the needle clip position remove a slight hesitation when at high revs but small

steady throttle openings (third from bottom/middle). Slipped when replacing

the needle in the slide and damaged the slide :D looks like a trip down to my local Suzuki dealer,what a Muppet.So when i get my new throttle slide I"ll try again. :D:D

let us know how this mod feels AFTER youve used it a bit more!!

is there realy that much difference in power

3hp is alot on a 35hp motorcycle.