cal induction - i want to make it real

It's COWL just so you know.

It's COWL just so you know.

thats what i thought but i dident no witch one.. anybody no where i can get one

www.summitracing.com has a whole shit load of different ones. i think any of them listed would work fine. IIRC there were like 8-10 different ones to choose from.......they were like 100-almost 700 bucks. i think.

Dude, its a 3/4 ton long box, man, its fine as is. Maybe if it was a short box, 70 Chevelle, street rod, I can see it, but a long box... :D

Ya... screw the truck... I want that '69 Camaro :D

Dude, its a 3/4 ton long box, man, its fine as is. Maybe if it was a short box, 70 Chevelle, street rod, I can see it, but a long box... :D

:D whats wrong with a long bed? You toyota guys have something against space or something?

I drag raced my 82 3/4 ton long bed for 2 years, with enough power under the hood they're no slouch :D

:D whats wrong with a long bed? You toyota guys have something against space or something?... :D

Absolutely nothing, but as a street rod, long box with a cowl hood, I dont think so! Uglier than a mud fence during a rain storm.

Ya... screw the truck... I want that '69 Camaro :D

Good taste W/U, my favorite year of Camaro also. I'd like mine is hugger orange, black stripes, a DZ 302 or one of those rare Nikey Baldwin, Dana and especially, the Yenko's with the 427 :D As one who had a 73 SS Nova that I built a +.030 454 and stuffed in there, I knew a thing about big block Chevrolets and HP in a small chassis. And I was still in high school and it was only a 6 yr old car in my senior year

Good taste W/U, my favorite year of Camaro also. I'd like mine is hugger orange, black stripes, a DZ 302 or one of those rare Nikey Baldwin, Dana and especially, the Yenko's with the 427 :D As one who had a 73 SS Nova that I built a +.030 454 and stuffed in there, I knew a thing about big block Chevrolets and HP in a small chassis. And I was still in high school and it was only a 6 yr old car in my senior year

There was a Yenko on eBay last week... photos had it in a hangar with (I think) a G-IV and a buttload of musclecars. I think it was 115k :D

I had a base '69 350 auto... It was a stripped out bracket racer when I bought it, and I massaged a little more out of it and managed to get it into the high 12's in drag trim with 5.60/15 VW tires in front and N50/15 in the rear. My buddy got a little nuts with it one night and had it up to 105 in 2nd. Talk about twisting that mouse's tail :D

20 years later, he STILL won't tell me what it was taching, but it held together just fine. Eventually the tranny went out... lost reverse first, then it got to where it wouldn't go into 3rd. It was fun pushing the thing every time I needed to back up.

It was still driveable though, as the 1-2 shift was STILL hard enough to pull the front end up :eek:

I ended up parting it out and made back the initial $600 purchase plus all of the mods. It was pretty well stripped by the time a guy came by and offered me $400 for the shell... his kid had just wrapped his Z28 around a tree and he needed a front end.

The guy probably shit a brick when he realized WHAT a front end he had bought... After they closed the Orange County drag strip, I rebuilt the whole thing rotor to rotor with Dick Guildstrad components and urethane bushings. The car had NO compression oversteer. With 245/60-15's on all four corners (ya, they rubbed), it would out-corner a Vette :eek:

Absolutely nothing, but as a street rod, long box with a cowl hood, I dont think so! Uglier than a mud fence during a rain storm.

:D to each their own I guess... I like the look of long beds, wouldnt have a shortbed for anything other than a pure rock crawling truck (and for that I'd rather have a K5 blazer or CJ)

My 82 didnt have a cowl hood though, in its prime it did have a 6-71 Weiand blower sticking through the hood though :D