Sign in to follow this  

MX Des Nations

#1What do you guys think about us going? #2 our choice for a team?

My opinions

1 why'd we miss it last year. We need to be there. It solidifies that MXers are a true world community

2 pretty good, but why don't more people go? Didn't the winning team last year have like two guys per class?

Yes we need to be there. We are always beating our chest about our riders are the best, but we need to prove it. Back in the mid 90's Everts, Smets, Bervoets, Tortelli, Bolly, Beirer, Bartolini, and Nicoll had our guys covered. With retirments and a better quality USA group that isn't true anymore.

With RC, Windham we have a STRONG line up. I see Brown as the weak link, but he has extensive European experience. I think Everts is as good as anyone ever, but he cant carry Belgium by himself. Not sure who the rest of the Belgian team is. Bervoets is retired, Smets is 37. We should grab this easy unless the track really works against us. Where is it this year by the way??

we got this one wraped up like Carmichael said, "they should jus ship us the trophy now" :D

Hope his cockyness doesn't bite us in the butt. If I remember right, Brown showed lack of speed in Europe, but he has pro circuit power now. I think the MX2 class is stacked compared to the US nationals. Whindam should do fine on a 500 though, if he just rides a 450. I can see hoda making him ride a 450 so they can make adds of how he won on a smaller machine.

Yeah....that was my initial reaction. It's not like the teams of yore that's for sure. Like Johnson, Ward, Bailey. Or how about Johnson, Bailey and O'Mara? Truth is; outside RC and Windham we really don't have any depth to send. If this was 1997 and that was our team I would say don't bother because we'd get our ass kicked, but the Euros are soft right now too.

RC needs to watch his mouth. Even if we are markedly faster it only takes a mechanical DNF or a hard get off to change that prediction. Our cockiness has worked against us in other sports (Olymic Basketball anyone?) We need to be humble and show some frickin respect. The other guys are professionals too.

So my question is, how many other riders picked for the MXDN were privateers???

I think its great that you are sending a team this year...

I've been following both the nationals and the GP's this year (nationals thanks to tt :D ) and I think rc will be hard to beat, Everts havent been that superb this year, still verry fast though...the last couple of races Coppins, Townley (NZL) and Strijbos (BEL) been riding great and often placing ahed of Everts.

But since its a team race you cant really be sure...

the reason mike brown wasnt exactly excelling during the GP's was because he was on shitty equipment. theres an article in racerx & mxa that explains what happened

In 1997 Brown raced for the Chesterfield Yamaha team which was run by Rinaldi. Argubly the best run MX team anywhere, US or Europe. Kind of like having a drive with Penske or Ferrari. He did OK.... Didn't set the world alight. I think he was outpaced by Vohland if my memory serve me correctly.

Where is the race this year?????????

#1What do you guys think about us going? #2 our choice for a team?

My opinions

1 why'd we miss it last year. We need to be there. It solidifies that MXers are a true world community

2 pretty good, but why don't more people go? Didn't the winning team last year have like two guys per class?

I think its awesome, and even though we have nothing to prove...alot of Europeans talk smack and are so full of themselves when it comes to who has the best riders, so we need to go over there just to put them in there place and represent the best country in the world. We should always be there, the MXoN isn't the same without America.

Our choice for a team was as perfect as you can get. Kevin Windham was a surprise, because it is a known fact that he wouldn't fly commercially after what happend in 2001, and, he hates riding in sand. Not sure what track it will be on this year, but wast year it was at Lierop...that track makes Southwick look like Disneyland on its worst day. RC, Duh...Mike Brown got stiffed in 2001, and after proving he can stay up front on privateer equipment, he definitely deserves to represent.

We didnt go last year for several reasons. The AMA simply didn't want to try and fund a team, as it costs ALOT and not many others wanted to go besides Ricky Carmichael. The other reason is the MXoN doesn't get enough coverage to make sponsors happy, therefore they're not really making any money off of it. And, it gets in the way of testing the new models to get them dialed-in before the upcoming Supercross season and U.S. Open, which is also a very important race. Its the richest in motorcycling.

Lastly, we dont need extra guys. In MX1 (450F, 250) we have Ricky. Enough said. He'll lay waste to any and all, having another guy of ours in that class means nothing, as Ricky will decipate all. In MX2 (250F, 125) we have Mike Brown, a true privateer with works skills. And K-Dub is holding it down in MX3 (Open)...that class btw, isn't very important anymore, but still...this is the MXoN.

Blah I forgot....the MAIN reason we didn't go last year was because our head guy, RC, was switching brands and wouldn't have time to get adjusted enough to his new bike.

I think its awesome, and even though we have nothing to prove...alot of Europeans talk smack and are so full of themselves when it comes to who has the best riders, so we need to go over there just to put them in there place and represent the best country in the world. We should always be there, the MXoN isn't the same without America.

Our choice for a team was as perfect as you can get. Kevin Windham was a surprise, because it is a known fact that he wouldn't fly commercially after what happend in 2001, and, he hates riding in sand. Not sure what track it will be on this year, but wast year it was at Lierop...that track makes Southwick look like Disneyland on its worst day. RC, Duh...Mike Brown got stiffed in 2001, and after proving he can stay up front on privateer equipment, he definitely deserves to represent.

We didnt go last year for several reasons. The AMA simply didn't want to try and fund a team, as it costs ALOT and not many others wanted to go besides Ricky Carmichael. The other reason is the MXoN doesn't get enough coverage to make sponsors happy, therefore they're not really making any money off of it. And, it gets in the way of testing the new models to get them dialed-in before the upcoming Supercross season and U.S. Open, which is also a very important race. Its the richest in motorcycling.

Lastly, we dont need extra guys. In MX1 (450F, 250) we have Ricky. Enough said. He'll lay waste to any and all, having another guy of ours in that class means nothing, as Ricky will decipate all. In MX2 (250F, 125) we have Mike Brown, a true privateer with works skills. And K-Dub is holding it down in MX3 (Open)...that class btw, isn't very important anymore, but still...this is the MXoN.

I beleive we lost it one year that Ricky won in MX1. Ricky in no way garentees victory. And if you ask me, America is the one who is so full of themselves about having the best riders. Can't wait to see how BT does when he jumps the pond.

As an American I do think we get too damn full of it sometimes. We did lose when RC was there several years ago as Everts rode strategically and finished second....enough with the rest of the Belgian team to garner a win.

Outside RC I think Everts or Pichon can smoke Windham or Brown.

All in all I think the MxD brings out the worst in everyone instead of the best. I recall several years ago, 1995 I think, seeing a photo of the French and Belgian teams having a tug of war with a United States flag smiling. I thought it was tasteless and I expected more from the Belgians. The French I don't expect much from.... Every one of thses guys could smoke any of us so I think some measure of respect is due. With that said.....Go USA!!

I think its awesome, and even though we have nothing to prove...alot of Europeans talk smack and are so full of themselves when it comes to who has the best riders, so we need to go over there just to put them in there place and represent the best country in the world.

Did you mean to sound arrogant or was it accidental? I hope to see the best riders in the world getting together and having a great battle for the benefit of my favourite sport. If America wins again I will clap and cheer and say well done to the best riders. And if America doesn't win again I will be happy to join with my fellow smack-talking full-of-themselves not-quite-the-best Europeans in helping you and RC to eat a large portion of humble pie. :D

Did you mean to sound arrogant or was it accidental? I hope to see the best riders in the world getting together and having a great battle for the benefit of my favourite sport. If America wins again I will clap and cheer and say well done to the best riders. And if America doesn't win again I will be happy to join with my fellow smack-talking full-of-themselves not-quite-the-best Europeans in helping you and RC to eat a large portion of humble pie. :D

I'm tired of America sounding like were all a bunch of A holes. I'm hoping somebody beats us again so that everybody here can have a slice of that humble pie. To me Belgium, France and New zealand look like the teams to beat. IMO Ricky's gonna win MX1, Whindam might win MX3 and Brown will Top 5 in MX2.

You gotta love RC. After dominating at Millville again today(24 Nat'l wins in a row by the way for those who still doubt who the G.O.A.T. is) he had a great quote about the MXoN. "I don't want us to just go over there and win I want to decimate them". We will. You go RC!!!

Travis

Thanks for the links. The track looks like a beauty! A real natural terrain road course. Wish we had tracks like that here in the States. I rooted against our Olympic B-ball team because we sent a bunch of thugs. But RC, K-Dub and MB seem to be pretty even keeled guys. Go get em guys. I'll pull for NZ or Belgium if we can't win it.

I beleive we lost it one year that Ricky won in MX1. Ricky in no way garentees victory. And if you ask me, America is the one who is so full of themselves about having the best riders. Can't wait to see how BT does when he jumps the pond.

That was 2003. We won the battle, but lost the war. Proved we were the best, again. We are "full of ourselves" because we are the best. If Townley, Everts, Rattay, and Pichon are so good why arn't they racing in the premier series in America? Pichon tried, and Everts tried...but they FAILED.

Rattay and Townley will do better, but they still wont be on par with American riders.