Sign in to follow this  

13/49 with yosh and 3X3 mod

I just finished modifying my DRZ400s with a yosh full stainless exhaust and the 3X3 mod with the stock main jet, the DJ needle, and the 25 pilot. Special thanks to my wife for her help and also for letting me do my install in the living room since it is 99 degrees outside. We didn't even spill any gas on the hardwood floor! The bike runs perfectly and pulls noticebly harder. My question is, does my 13/49 gearing shorten the powerband since I reach the rev limiter sooner? 1st and 2nd wheelies are easy with roll on throttle, but it seems there is not much powerband to work with in 3rd gear on to bring up the front. I am thinking about the FCR next. Will that give me more of the roll on wheelies I am looking for?

I know what you mean about hitting the limtter a lot sooner with your gearing.

As for a 3rd gear wheelie, That maybe a little tuff. Try while sitting back a bit, you may have to to rev & pop the clutch to get it where you want it.

You got me thinking, I'll try it tommorow.

I am thinking about the FCR next. Will that give me more of the roll on wheelies I am looking for?

yes, the FCR is insanely great at rolling on the wheelies.

Thank you burned and all that have shared your modification experiences. I am going to take the bike to the trail to see how it pulls on the rocky hill climbs. The jetting seems perfect on the first test ride. I may set up the gearing to 14/49 to see what the powerband feels like. The next step is the FCR :D