Sign in to follow this  

Sparkplug claims running lean but...

The spark plug shows the bike is running lean. The plug is a bit white. The bike runs great and starts w/one twist of throttle before the button. The bike barely pops at all on hard decel. What should I do? Bump the Main Jet up how many??? Any other adj. the jetting is not stock I dont know what main and piolet are in there., but I am so close to perfect jetting.

Also I never touched a Minuki carb are they similar to a keihn(nevermind spelling) on the YZF and CRF's

The spark plug shows the bike is running lean. The plug is a bit white. The bike runs great and starts w/one twist of throttle before the button. The bike barely pops at all on hard decel. What should I do? Bump the Main Jet up how many??? Any other adj. the jetting is not stock I dont know what main and piolet are in there., but I am so close to perfect jetting.

You might just take a look at whats in there. Maybe try 175 or 180 main. I am a a diff elevation than you but my TC liked the bigger main jet. Just get a couple of jets and try them.

Also I never touched a Minuki carb are they similar to a keihn(nevermind spelling) on the YZF and CRF's

Well, different but most things work the same. To change the main jet, remove your tank and brake resevoir from its mount and twist the carb to the side. Remove the cap on the bottom and you can change your main, or remove the bowl and you can get to the pilot and main.

Thanks!

Tony