Sign in to follow this  

riding through water

sometimes when i go out to my local MX track a lot of it is under water from rain mainly in the corners, so I was wondering some good techniques for taking corners in mud or water, Thanks

If is a puddle on a strightaway, stay wide open and the front end will usually stay on top of the water, just watch out for spray from the front tire hitting your boots. I've had my feet get pushed off the pegs going through deeper puddles on the track.

As far as mud, Just keep it wide open and hang on.

When I can't go around it, I stand and rock my heels back so that all the water hits the bottom of my boot and doesn't come in from the top.

Momentum is key, but be careful in water b/c you can't see what lies below.

haha jst blast through it i love riding through water i would ride through a lake if it was possible hahaha

if the mud is in the corner then look for a berm or the heaviest traveled route. If alot of people go one way, it tends to dry out. anything you can use to keep your bike going one direction(berm) will help out. Like was said, momentum is keep, the fast you keep your tire spinning the less it can get clogged and bog down your motor. wide open

haha jst blast through it i love riding through water i would ride through a lake if it was possible hahaha

oh its possible :D

sit back as far as possible and hold that bitch pinned and they skim the water just like in Travis Pastrana and The Nitro Circus :D