Sign in to follow this  

The top speed of the CRF150/230F

How fast does the CRF150F go?

The CRF150F does 90-95 KPH (55-59 MPH) wide open, riding on the rev limiter.

It can cruise without the revs sky high at 70-75 KPH (44-47 MPH).

How fast does the CRF230F go?

The CRF230F does 100-105 KPH (62-65 MPH) wide open, riding on the rev limiter.

It can cruise without the revs sky high at 80-85 KPH (50-53 MPH).

Please stop posting speed related questions. That is the speed of those bikes with stock gearing on FLAT pavement. When I say speed I am talking about how fast the engine will move the bike, not coasting down a hill to gain speed. You would have to be going down at least a 10% slope to get any more speed with the clutch pulled in, there is just too much drag (aerodynamics, chain, bulky wheels, gears, clutch) to get going any faster down a less sloped hill.

:D

Oh you say that now, but what if the planets align?

That is actually more then I would give my 150. My 450 yeah, but that is scary to think it can go that fast. Thanks for posting that.

someone should clock there bike with a new pipe and aftermarket rev box

A new pipe won't add any extra speed. More speed is achieved by higher revs or lower gearing. Rev boxes only add an extra 10 KPH tops and that's pushing it. 105 KPH and 95 KPH for the 230 and 150 is also pushing it.

How fast does the CRF150F go?

The CRF150F does 90-95 KPH (55-59 MPH) wide open, riding on the rev limiter.

It can cruise without the revs sky high at 70-75 KPH (44-47 MPH).

How fast does the CRF230F go?

The CRF230F does 100-105 KPH (62-65 MPH) wide open, riding on the rev limiter.

It can cruise without the revs sky high at 80-85 KPH (50-53 MPH).

Please stop posting speed related questions. That is the speed of those bikes with stock gearing on FLAT pavement. When I say speed I am talking about how fast the engine will move the bike, not coasting down a hill to gain speed. You would have to be going down at least a 10% slope to get any more speed with the clutch pulled in, there is just too much drag (aerodynamics, chain, bulky wheels, gears, clutch) to get going any faster down a less sloped hill.

:D

Have you really pinned out your bike? I have a stalk 03 230F with a Trail Tech computer on it. I have pinned my bike out on a straight with no grade at all and have gotten it up to 69.8 mph. I think your stats are a little off. :D

I know my 230 can go 110 km/h with stock rev limiter,I also know that a 150 will never reach 120 km/h.A 150 will make 95 for sure maybe a tad bit faster, but I don't think so.

Have you really pinned out your bike? I have a stalk 03 230F with a Trail Tech computer on it. I have pinned my bike out on a straight with no grade at all and have gotten it up to 69.8 mph. I think your stats are a little off. :D

W/e man, your computer must be set wrong. 2159 is the wheel setting for the stock tire. That's how fast I got my bike up to and anyone can think what they want, but it's all in there head because these bikes aren't capable of going that fast.

Ok buddy lets just say for some reason that it was set wrong (even though its not) I've been ridin with a guy along side me thats ridin a DRZ 400 and we were both goin the same speed to see what i could get up to. He clocked the same speed as me. I dont think two bikes with the exact same speed could be wrong. Maybe you should keep on the gas longer instead of slowing down because your scared of that turn coming up on you. well in any case next time get your facts straight.

Ok buddy lets just say for some reason that it was set wrong (even though its not) I've been ridin with a guy along side me thats ridin a DRZ 400 and we were both goin the same speed to see what i could get up to. He clocked the same speed as me. I dont think two bikes with the exact same speed could be wrong. Maybe you should keep on the gas longer instead of slowing down because your scared of that turn coming up on you. well in any case next time get your facts straight.

Whatever dude, think what you want, I'm not going to argue because this thread will get locked.

All you guys that think motorcycle Speedos are accurate, YOU ARE WRONG.

You need to use GPS speed or a radar gun to get more accurate.

A new pipe won't add any extra speed. More speed is achieved by higher revs or lower gearing. Rev boxes only add an extra 10 KPH tops and that's pushing it. 105 KPH and 95 KPH for the 230 and 150 is also pushing it.

This is very true! A new pipe would just help you go threw the gears quicker!

Thank God there is someone like xXHondaOwnsXx that knows a thing or to about how certain mods effect certains things!

Why do people ask this question? Its not like they will hit that speed on the track and keep it long, if they do!

And don't ask how fast a bike is! Ask "what is the topspeed of " or "what is the 0-30mph on a"! Nothing personal, just go into more detail!

1 last thing it don't exactly matter how fast a bike is but how you use it! :D

I've seen "semi-experienced people" on 85 2smokes run faster times than people on 125 2smokes!