Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse at the Track?

Are there any rules against using auto clutches racing MX?

Thanks!

:D

If you can deal with the clutch on a mx track than nobody should have a problem with it. :D

Would it even offer a competitive advantage?

Can you still feather your clutch coming out of berms with an auto clutch?

I know a racer that put one in his I watched him out on the track he stalled it more times than not. I believe they would be good on trails but MX I would have to pass. :D

Could you race with a beer in your left hand?

possible one of the greatest ideas ever :D:D

I used to agree with you guys in believing the rekluse was no good for MX (and all I ride is MX).

After much persistence, the guys at Rekluse conviced me to give it a try....so I did.

The first time I took it to the track I was sold forever. I had 6 different people ride my bike from beginner to pro level. Every single person loved it.

As for feathering the clutch, yes you can...but you never will.

The 2 pro's I had ride it we having trouble all day clearing a jump right out of a corner and kept bouncing short of the landing on their bikes. They got on mine (we all had the same CRF450's so there was no difference in bike other than the clutch) and first lap on my bike both riders over jumped that same corner jump they couldn't clear clean on theirs. Apparently the auto clutch did a better job of putting power to the ground than even a pro level rider could do feathering it.

As far as drawbacks to the clutch, you have to make sure your bike is jetted properly at all times and that the clutch is properly adjusted. If either of those are off, the bike will tend to stall when locking the rear wheel (such as brake tapping or coming hard into a corner). And if your bike stalls in the air with an auto clutch, it won't bump start on landing like with a normal clutch. But as long as you keep it adjusted properly, stalling is never a problem.

Aside from that, once you've ridden an autoclutch, you'll never go back.

Hell, Rekluse offers a 30 day money back deal, so try one for a month and if you don't like it, Rekluse will buy it back. But you won't be sending it back, that much I know for sure.