Big problem

My bike (2005 yz250F) has been running very poorly, I thought it was jetting, and maybe it is. But now there are tiny metal shavings coming out when I drain the oil. I went throught about 7 quarts of oil, and the metal shavings keep coming out. Any idea what this could be from?

it is still a little normal to have some metal shavings still coming out when the bike is that new! what do you mean it is running poorly, what is it doing, wut are some symptoms.

mike

if they are sizeable like 0.8 of an inch or somethng like that, get it checked out
So, something larger than 3/4" would be of concern to you, would it? Yeah, I guess that would worry me too. :D

YZF's share the engine oil with the transmission, which will normally shed a considerable amount of metal for the life of the bike.

Just watch out for that big stuff. :D

I've never seen metal shaving come out until now, the whole time I've had this bike no metal shavings ever came out till now. I posted the running symptoms in the jetting section, but I took it to my local motor shop and he is going to check it out, he said it probably sucked a valve. Because my motor was backfiring and missing real bad, and no different jetting specs i tried worked, so an intake valve probably isn't seating all the way. As for those metal shavings, they're not too big but I'm getting the whole motor checked out, hopefully its nothing serious.

So, something larger than 3/4" would be of concern to you, would it? Yeah, I guess that would worry me too. :D

LOL!!! Nah, it helps lighten up the bike and it makes you faster!! :D

hmmm.. you know the clearance of the piston and the cylinder. very small.. i would say finding any metal shavings in your oil isn't good. but then again, i ride a smoker so i dont know about yz250fs. just doesn't seem right to me??

i would say finding any metal shavings in your oil isn't good. but then again, i ride a smoker so i dont know about yz250fs.
When you drain your gear oil, what do you see?

i had the same prob u did and a cam came loose in the head and ****ed my head up maby take the valve caover off check it out

So, what you're actually describing is a sudden increase in the amount and character of the metal in the oil is that it? That is something to worry about. Use a magnet to determine if it's steel or aluminum. That will get your investigation started.