Husaberg Company News?

I have the sad feeling that KTM will kill the brand Husaberg in the next few years.

They have what they wanted so why continue that. At the moment they will produce no Husaberg MXers for 2006! For me thats the first sign .

Lets talk again three years from now on.....

Twin

They bought them in 1994. Anything is possible with KTM. This week they decided to pull out of motoGP, and no longer supply motors to KR racing. To KTM's defence, motoGP jsut announced that the engine size limit will now be 800cc rather than the current 1000cc (now that they have effectively killed off the 500c 2T), and I am sure that KTM is thinking that this is a waste of money.

Everybody please be calm, early this year I became a Husaberg dealer and before doing so I asked a lot of questions. Based on what I was told, KTM has long term plans for Husaberg going on for at least 10 years. Now obviously things can change but as someone else said previously if this was the case wouldn't KTM have killed Hsb by now? Also, KTM seems to be very happy letting Barrett Marketing Group (the exclusive North America importer) keep the momentum going for them in the US/Canada market. Quite honestly,( in my opinion)Barrett's involvement is really just what Hsb needed and will probably be what saves the Husaberg marque from the all too typical exotic extinction syndrome. If you like what the Berg's have become, it's not as risky an investment as some of the other "low production number" bikes that shall remain nameless- so, go ahead- buy one! They are awesome.

It is predicted by the same group that forcast $65.00 a barrel oil 12 months ago that oil will be at $100 a barrel 12 months from now. That would put gas at probably five to six dollars a gallon.

It may then become feasable and darnright clever to produce Berg's and some KTM's in the U.S. at the Polaris factory. Even at $3.00 a gallon our gas prices are still some of the lowest in the world. Building here and shipping there may be the wave of the future as it once was. All the assembly and manufacturing jobs may come back to us. Not because of cheap labor but because no one can compete with our shipping (includes trucking) costs.

Just a thought............

imho this topic started out seemingly innocent but has made a rather bazaar transformation toward being downright damaging.i call it the way i see it and what is up with husaberg is an increase in customer satisfaction ,increase in performance resulting in an increase in sales, that is whats up!doomsayers must be just plain bored or have an agenda.you want a Berg,buy a Berg.all my customers are happy ,i suspect you will be too.the US importer has done well with the brand and is going to do even better in the future.dont forget about some of the other markets as they have sold large volumes of bergs for many years.the scandinavian countries buy lots of Bergs,so do the Aussies,and in England sales continue to be excellent.lets hear it for Husaberg and go ride!dan. :D

What "bad times"? :D There's more Bergs around now than there was say 4 years ago, by far! It's all roses, on this side of the pond anyway. :D

Bad times are from an euro perspective:

Generally speaking for euros manufacturer the US market has became a 'black hole', it means too low prices imposed by the japs and euro conversion, that force you to have no or negative margin on what you sell down there, so more selling do not means everytime more earning.

Bad times are definitely referred to euro manifacturer, so my question is more about the HSB future (they'll move prod. to the US? far east?) KTM will sell the brand for cash or startegic reason?

I do not have any answer yet, and someone put some arguments can let me argue in some direction, but in case someone has official news I'll be courious to know...

Thx, Alessandro.

It is predicted by the same group that forcast $65.00 a barrel oil 12 months ago that oil will be at $100 a barrel 12 months from now. That would put gas at probably five to six dollars a gallon.

It may then become feasable and darnright clever to produce Berg's and some KTM's in the U.S. at the Polaris factory. Even at $3.00 a gallon our gas prices are still some of the lowest in the world. Building here and shipping there may be the wave of the future as it once was. All the assembly and manufacturing jobs may come back to us. Not because of cheap labor but because no one can compete with our shipping (includes trucking) costs.

Just a thought............

Intresting you could argue that the Europeans have pretty low shipping cost as they don't have to ship stuff as far. Would be intresting on outside scource componets such as WP suspension and Brembo brakes. But after dealing with some US made vehicles, US made aircraft and US made bikes I'm not sure made in the USA would be a good selling point. They would certianly have to make sure thier quality control is pretty tight. Doesn't really matter anyway until KTM can get thier parts prices under control I won't be buying one anytime soon and the fact that they own Husaberg put me off buying one. My thoughts and opions only of course.

I doubt KTM would build Husabergs in the US. The bikes seem to be better than ever and with good support. I personally have only known two Husabergs locally and they were '00 and '02 with lots of problems, this can happen with any brand. My Husky/KTM dealer who is 130 miles from me was a Husaberg dealer in the '90's and dropped it to take on Husky and doesn't regret it. I love my single cam Husky 4 stroke, so maybe someday in spite of these things I'll have a Husaberg. The frustrated VOR guys might end up with them also as it is the antecedent of their no longer availible bike.

Norman

When I look into my cystal ball I see HSB going away. Rumour has it, that the 07 Bergs and KTMs will share the same motors with chassis being the only difference.

This is a common practice in the automotive industry, sharing components..

Are there now 3 car of different brand just launched in euro that has 94% of components shared... (Citroen, Peugeot, Nissan).

KTM have just moved Husaberg production to Austria and invest a lot in that, so I don´t think they´re closing it down. Husaberg is KTM´s development-bike, the motor that Ramon is using now look a lot like a Husaberg engine and will be on KTM as -07? But I don´t think it´s gonna be exactly the same, as HSB will continue testing new stuff until it´s ready for the KTM.

KTM got the cash and HSB got the idéas. So no worries! :D:D

I know this thread started with good intentions, but given there's ZERO evidence that ANYthing is awry (unless you count the brand coming on in leaps and bounds from where they were just a few years ago) I think this is appropriate

sucks3.jpg

All in fun :banghead: