Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Grabbing ?? Please Help....

I don't know if this is normal or not but I've got a 2005 YZ250F and the last few times I went out riding, my clutch seems to be grabbing on its own... Ill be coming around a berm , reving it up and letting the clutch out just like I always have, and then it feels like there is a ghost rider on my bike pulling my clutch in as its going out.. it grabs and twitches and pulls itself back in but then eventually lets itself out after i complete the turn... everything with the bike seems fine other than that... i change my oil every ride with maxum 4 syn blend 20/50 and the bike is stock... i dont know whats going on... has anyone else experienced this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys ...

Try lubricating the cables, they may be sticking as you release it.

How many hours are on your bike?

Finally someone with the same problem I'm having with an 03 250F

Does yours do the same thing on holeshots- almost like you have dumped the clutch and then the lever starts moving in your hand?

Taken mine apart and can't see anything unusual - Going to put a new clutch kit in and see. For now I don't know what will fix it - but it was interesting to hear someone have the same problem (sorry though)

Olson6

I don't know too much on how to fix something like that, but did you pull out the cable and take a look at it? Maby greese it up, install it back in and give it a shot? :D

look on the thumperfaq site. They have a mod there to drill more holes in the clutch housing. It will give you a more compliant clutch action. Apparently the clutch plates are somewhat starved for oil.

come to think of it.. my bike does do that on holeshots every once in a while... its really weird... ive probably got about 50-60 hours on the bike, roughly... i change the oil regularly and my valves get adjusted every 20 hours or so... my cables get lubed before riding and they are routed perfectly.. i dont know what to do...it doesnt seem to affect my riding but worried that its hurting my bike... im going to try a different brand oil and see if that helps... this isnt the first ive heard of it... it seems like a lot of people have the same problem... o well... ill try to do a few things different and see what happens...