Sign in to follow this  

I got banned from Planet Minis

And in conclusion, I'd like to end today's sermon with a quote from the holy book,

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

Get out and ride!

I personally can say that not 1 china bike will ever, EVER come close to jetsters bike.

Trust me on this one.

Gutty, still didnt answer my question. You said there was a China bike that was close, where is it then.

And I dont bash everything, go look through my posts you will see Ive never said anything bad about the CR2, they are decent bikes and learned from there past mistakes. Till I see the bikes come up to a good standard I will keep saying what I think. But of which it is obvious they are getting closer.

Gutty, still didnt answer my question. You said there was a China bike that was close, where is it then.

Hang on a minute......i'll just go grab my mechanics pitboss, throw it on plane and bring it over to you..... :D

What do ya want to know ? China top and bottom end, 54mm piston on a 107 crank(116cc i think, but not 100% sure) it has extensive port work, custom manifold, cam etc. All the usual engine mods, and owes the guy around $4K australian(about $2500US). The owner is an ex A grade road racer/MXer, so yes, it cops a fair flogging and i'm yet to see any pitbike, honda or not go passed this thing on dirt or tar.

Considering that the only handa parts left on your bike is the bottom end, bolt all those parts onto a china bike, and is it really a china bike anymore ? Is your bike really a honda anymore ?? You wanna argue that your "honda" is better......if it's so good, why all the aftermarket parts ?? You wanna argue Honda Vs China ? With all those aftermarket parts does it not come down to the difference between bottom ends ?? I have admitted several times the honda bottom end is better. Does not mean there is no china bike that comes close to your "honda" !!!! There is....

Well there ya go, you just said it yourself, its not all chink motor anymore. All the junk parts were replaced for stuff that will hold up and perform.

Put it on a dyno yet to see how much its makin?

Did i ??......Still a china bike for the most part......:D

Not sure on the HP as it hasn't been on a dyno(these are only play bikes) but he reckons around 14....... :D

Look, i'm about done with this debate, as i'm sure many onlookers are too. As i've said, i got no problem with Honda's, i'd own one myself if i was a pitbike nut with lots of money.......i would just like a few people on here to accept that not all china bikes are complete junk, and it is entirely possible for a china bike to go head to head with a Honda without getting it's ass kicked every time. Give me a few months, and when i've had all the same work done to my bike i'll try to get some HP, torque and speed figures.

If your opinion varies then fine......i'm sick of arguing about it now...... :D

Have a nice day

Matt

I guess he'd have to blow up the Yammy factory aswell...... :D:D

Lol, havnt you paid attention the whole time, theres not really much left Honda anyways, I could just build a entire bike from aftermarket parts.

And Gutty, I dont think I ever said a China bike couldnt be made to go fast, just that as they are they arnt so great or as great as everyone always claims, that was the point I was making.

14 sounds bout right for a 117, thats around what mine is at now, havent had it ported or worked out or anything yet though.

havent had it ported or worked out or anything yet though.

Well what are you waiting for ?? that's the cheapest upgrade possible....and makes a huge difference. Mine cost $120 but i had to strip it and rebuild it. In comparison, the cam i've ordered is gonna run me around $300 :D

BTW, our bikes are running 26mm Mikuni's(stock carby). I'd imagine your 24 may be a bit limited if you go any further with your motor ??? :D

Hell, I'm running a 24 on my 70, you'll need more than that on a 14 hp 117.

Im running a 26mm OKO.

And yea, I really do need to send the head off for some work. Lol, no sooner than did I put in the 117 I was wanting more lol, damn this is gettin sick lol.

re: innovations:

I see some china companies are now moving away from true xr/crf copies.....quite unimaginative, but still.

Pitboss(aussie version of Extreme) are about to release a water cooled 110 and a 125 with a double backbone frame though i'm really not sure if this has actually been copied or not...... :D Anyone else know ??

I built a bike -rather rebuilt an xr. The motor is a 110 Zong, Front forks and triples are from a 1979 SUZ 185(cut length to fit) rear shock is 1984 xr 250. Made the extended swingarm, frame extention for the 79 forks, foot peg brackets (foot pegs off a KTM 65, YZ 85 chain guide, lots more in the shop mods. and adjustments- and re-adjustments

Rides and jumps great! The tranny in the Zong is a little weak though.

Not counting the original cost of the 01xr bought used ($700) 4 yrs. ago

I've got about $500 in it including the motor (if you don't count many hours of labor)

Kinda like Jhonny Cash's Caddy - well its a 49,50,51,52........

Olson6

I'd like to get the frame and all powder coated 1st, but I've been saying that now for few months since I finished it - My kids and I can't keep off of it long enough for me to take it apart and do that - It also needs new graphics.

With that said i'll get some pics anyway and post them

Thanks

Olson6

LOL about this thread pitster,also someone deleted your last post.

Might as well get as far off topic as possible in here, I`ll throw my 2 cents in here 2 times for a total of 4 cents :thumbsup:

first 2 cents-

I have managed to Kill a perfectly good suzuki DS-80 in a good days riding, 2 different times .I have toasted a real Honda 72cc engine in a weekend of riding, seized up a perfectly good old early 70`s Honda 72cc engine while street riding, and toasted a 108cc Zongshen China engine in a year of riding it.

Genuine Name Brand Japanese or Chinese , it is all the same as far as I`m concerned as it can all be broken under the same conditions.

I also have (2) frequently used hard 124cc Zongshens that have held up, one is on a CT-70 Chinese clone Road bike that has over 1300 miles on it since last year and the other is on a real Honda CRF-70 with around 1000 miles.

When I ride it is for all day and no less than 40 miles up to 120 miles in a day.

My CRF gets totally covered in clay which hardens on everything and I dont stop and clean it off either, and the engine lives on.

Some chinese engines are very well built, 25% of Chinese bikes are also, 75% of the Chinese bikes them self are pieces of crap.

Most Japanese bikes are also cheaply made and OVEPRICED! ,the dealers assemble them poorly,the stock CRF-50/70 frames are not very strong, the spokes will poke holes in the tubes, the chains are Junk, some idiot made throttle cable replacement damn near impossible, no manual clutch, 3 lousy gears,etc.

This is why most of you modify them to make them suit your needs and also to last.

All this bashing of Chinese stuff is the same stuff I heard from your parents 25-30 years ago bashing Japanese bikes and cars and look where they rank now?

Back then GM was #1, Ford #2. Now Toyota is where???? Honda Cars and bikes are being touted as being the "best"? Must be all that radiation from a couple of bombs that made them real smart.

Japan was the first country to copy/pirate manufacturing process from others, and then after awhile they got smart and innovative .The rampant radiaiton/nuclear pollution in China must be causing the Chinese to follow the same path Japanese did.

Right now times are good for cheap stuff ,I like the choices out there even if they are not all good, there is choice and choice helps keep cost down for everyone.

I like $300 125cc engines vs $1400 ones that others favor, I have seven and they are all holding up.

Not everyone wants to shell out $1,200 or more for a "Name Brand Honda" bike when a $600 bike will suit their needs. I have Honda and I have Chinese.

2 more cents-

Your dad may want a "Name Brand" performance car and buy a Corvette, while you may want to go the less expensive route and buy a Honda with a V-tec, a neon, a cavalier, whatever small piece of crap car, and then spend a ton of $$$ on it to make it accelerate like a Corvette does, lower the suspension and put oversize 18" wheels on it like the Corvette comes with.

The stock Honda car is cheap junk in stock form that will break right away if driven hard, but after some mods it can hang in there......

I see a lot of this form of car ownership from the same people bashing the Chinese bike owners, they basically do the same thing but with their cars as the people whose bike choices they are bashing......

See what a form you have started Pitster!