Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Cover.....

I did a bonehead move and stripped the oil check bolt on my bike. Hinson sells a clutch cover but it's $200 :D Boyesen's won't be out for another month and there's is $100. Anyone know were you can get one ??

Or suggestions on fixing my current cover ?? I have been told it can't be rethreaded. I was thinking about some kind of rubeer plug or something.

I can only say use heli-coil that is working great, and then you will have a steel thread. Just find some one who can make the easy task of installing a helicoil in you cover

I did the exact smae thing to mine. I ended up forking over the cash for the Hinson cover. However, the boys at my suzuki shop told me that they could re-tap it. Ask around, but 5150's deal sounds like the best option.

I think I am going to wait for the Boyensen unit and try to tap it myself for now.

I have just bought a hinson clutch cover for my RMZ450 but it has no oil leveling bolt or glass anybody know why or am i being a dumb ass :D

I saw that as well..... Without being able to check the oil on a 4 stroke I would think that is really a bad idea. Did you call them and ask ?? I bet the are making one that does have it.

They are making one that has a oil check valve. I happen to buy one early on. I just make sure that I put the recommended amount of oil in after making sure all the old oil is out(tilting the bike). I have not had a problem yet. But it would make sense to have one....just to be sure.