Rear Spring , Help !

I finally recieved my front and rear springs (back ordered) and tore the rear end apart last night.Today i took the shock to work (where all my GOOD tools are) and shoot, i just can't figure out how to remove the spring seat.

I don't have a manual,yet.Is there some super secert way of removing the lower shaft clevis or am i missing something obvious. :D

Thanks in advance for any input. :D

I finally recieved my front and rear springs (back ordered) and tore the rear end apart last night.Today i took the shock to work (where all my GOOD tools are) and shoot, i just can't figure out how to remove the spring seat.

I don't have a manual,yet.Is there some super secert way of removing the lower shaft clevis or am i missing something obvious. :D

If it is a later model, with rebound damping adjustment (on the lower shock mounting), you only need to slacken the pre-load right off, and lift the split lower ring off. If it is an early model without the rebound adjustment, hold the lower mount (or fork) in a vice and undo the 22 mm lock nut, and it all unscrews.

Neil.

:D:eek::eek:

Easy now Chris removal of the clevis is a big no no I've read a few post of people and thier horror stories with the clevis.

:D

Both shocks have a removable bottom seat.

From another thread, about 6 months ago..

NO NO NO,, STOP.. Nothing to bleed, nor do you take off the shock rod clevis...

Loosen the preload lock ring and adjuster. The bottom mount for the spring is two pieces and a snap ring. The outer ring of the lower mount comes up, you will then see a thin wire snap ring, remove it and the outer ring will now come off, as well as the spring.

EDIT: Very often the two part lower mount looks and feels to be one piece, as the aluminum parts are tight fitting and just a little dirt and bit of corrosion can make them feel as one.. Soak it in penetrating fluid,, smack with a dead blow hammer.. it will come apart.

You guys are the BEST ! Thank God for Thumper Talk !

Thanks x a gazillion !!!

rock chuck , when are we hookin' up ? :D

In a couple of weeks this is the big weekend tomorrow is my last night in Oak View, Now I will be wearing out my drz with daily rides from my new home :D