Lead? Boosters?

Hi everyone. I was curious to see if anyone else uses an octane booster to get about 96-98 octane, and a lead additive to help out he valves? Any comments?

I've heard additives are bad... don't know

why maybe someone else out there does. I

think the prefered method and the one I use

is mixing some race gas with super unleaded pump. I use a 1(race) to 4 gal ratio. Unless

of coarse your at altitude then there is no need.

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

Why do you need an octane rating that high? All of my KTM's have been happy on the 92 pump premium. I've read the 95 they recommend is a Euro rating that is the same as U.S. 92.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)

I've heard the 93 pump gas is ok, but I can't say I saw the thing in my "manual" about 95 other countries, 92 US thing. We just sort of figued it can't hurt, as long as you don't go wild. Also, with the lead additive to deaden the valves, how can that be bad? :)

Lead is not a good thing for the valves. Newer Valves and seats are considerably harder than the ones leaded gasoline was made for. All lead will do is cause a build up on the valve seats, and over time will cause the bike to perform worse. If the motor doesn't knock or ping when under a heavy load then pump gas should be fine.