Some assembly required?

If I buy a bike out of the area and have it shipped to me in the crate what assembly is required?

I am handy with a wrench but not a full blown mechanic.

Any special tools required??

Thanks

You need to put front and rear suspension on (shock and forks), both wheels, bars and all attached. Thats about it. I also checked the steereing head bearing grease before putting the front end together.

The bikes come with great instructions. But a torque wrench and follow the instructions and you won't have a problem.

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

Included with the previously mentioned stuff, you'll have to put the foot pegs on (the spring can be a real pain) and mix the battery (just follow intructions). Nothing to major, so if you can handle wrenches, you shouldn't have a problem. As far as instructions, the ones I received have a lot of room for improvement! Most of it is common sense and using the torque values with a good torqure wrench.

[This message has been edited by StormTrooper (edited 07-16-2001).]

I shold not have mentioned the instructions as the ones with my bike were actually for some kind of dual sport euro bike. But if I had that bike the instructions would have been great. As for my bike, I put it together without the instructions.

Originally posted by StormTrooper:

As far as instructions, the ones I received have a lot of room for improvement! Most of it is common sense and using the torque values with a good torqure wrench.

[This message has been edited by StormTrooper (edited 07-16-2001).]

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.