KTM Handguards?????

Hello,

New to KTM's. I just bought a 2001 KTM400 M/XC and wanted to put some handguards on it. I bought a pair of Cycra pro bends for

pro taper size bars and they will not fit. The stock KTM bars are wider than the pro tapers where the mounts clamp around the bars. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

John

Sorry no info on guards, but I saw your post on holeshot.Where in Cloudcrouft are you riding? Where do you start, and what trails are now best? I live in Carlsbad, N.M., rode Cloudcroft years ago(10 to 15 years ago). I was told yesterday by may dealer, my 2002 exc would be here in 1 to 2 weeks. I would like to set up for Post and Cloudcroft. Any info would help. Lubbock dealer is putting guards and skid plate on for me. e-mail rabeason@webtv.net

------------------

Hi! Well, I got a set of Acerbis Rally Pro's on my bike...got a set of Enduro Engineering adapters. I assume you are looking for the clamps to attach the "bark busters" to your bars near the handlebar clamps...not the ends?

I've got the Acerbis Rally Pro's on my '01 520 EXC.

The bar clamps don't fit exactly right and the bend is not right for the Magura's but with a little bending & slotting of the hole for the bar clamps they work fine.

------------------

Joe Bohazi

'01 520 EXC, '99 640 LC4

If In Doubt "Gas It"

I bought aluminum handgaurds and plastic deflectors from Enduo Engineering (for my 01 520 EXC). They came with the necessary allen wrench for the gaurds, and a drill bit and self threading screws for the deflectors. Installation is clean and was very easy. I would reccomend anything from EE, as it all fits great.

Good Luck

http://www.enduroeng.com/

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

Originally posted by Justice29:

Hello,

New to KTM's. I just bought a 2001 KTM400 M/XC and wanted to put some handguards on it. I bought a pair of Cycra pro bends for

pro taper size bars and they will not fit. The stock KTM bars are wider than the pro tapers where the mounts clamp around the bars. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

John

Ya - get the right ones for your bike by Cycra they do make them for Maguras. Take em

back to were you bought them and tell them

they sold you the wrong ones. Here is some

more info - http://www.holeshotforum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001297.html

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

I'm going with a high dollar route. Buy a aftermarket upper triple clamp. In my case; Scotts complete with dampener ($600.00), and then order the handgard KIT ($100.00)from Summers Racing (SRC). This will allow you to clean up your handelbars and empties your pockets to help keep you from further mods. :)

------------------

'01 520EXC, '74 YZ520, '71 TS400, '86 XR250.