Sign in to follow this  

KTM Suspension set up ISSUES

I have a 2000 KTM 520 EXC. I am 6'1" tall and weigh about 205. I am having a lot of problems getting the bike to turn. The suspension is bone stock with the addition of a Scotts sterring stabalizer. I have been riding with the bars in position 3. I am thinking of going to position 4. I have heard some guys talk about offset triple clamps from Scotts are Applied Racing. Anyone like these as a solution. Is one product better than the other? I have about 25 MM of preload in the rear and it still won't hold the rear up. I can't get the sag right in the rear. Seems like the bike just squats like a chopper and the front end gets light and bounces off of everything or slides in the corners. Can someone out there help me with a suggested, front and rear suspension set up, for my weight and height and the source for the parts?

Thanks, Chopperman

EXCited is right, the cornering abilities change dramatically when proper race sag is met,(90-100mm).

Any aggresive rider, over 190pnds will want to increase springs rates on both ends.

Originally posted by 400EXCited:

You need some stiffer springs, front and rear. Try a PDS3 and 44 front springs.

Have you had any expierence with the off set triple clamps? What do you think?

I have Oberg Sports 18 MM offset triple clamps for my 520 SX. They make a big difference in cornering, but the will upset the suspension balance of your bike. You'll just have to dial the clickers a little until you get it right - mine felt stiffer. Also, I had to adjust the left steering stop, as the fork leg was able to touch the CDI. I am very pleased with the handling and with the quality of the Oberg Sports 18MM clamps.