nephews xr4 wont idle

Please help bike sat in the garage for a year carb bowl was full of gum (clear resin like gunk) got me a can of carb cleaner and spray :D the heck out of it i thoght every cicuit was open I became an expert at removing the carb but still no idle I managed to get it started with chock on all the way up it runs lean and feels like a vacum leak every ward of advice will be apreciated. thanks paco paez

Erm will it idle with the throttle open, or does it just fire up and die? The idle control on the side of the carb simply sets the throttle open slightly.. so i'd look at that first.

it idles with the choke on all the way up at real high rpm's if i return choke to normal it dies seams there is no fuel at normal idle

perhaps having sat in the garage for a year EO has transformed to "Sludge" use a engine oil flush or something can't really remember but pour the whole can in, let it run for about 5mins & drain.

EO normally turn thick as "they" too like us have a self life (expiry date) so flushing the engine is my best bet as and I quote " 04 xr400 carbby"

thick sludge like viscosity EO's bad for my health"

try & let us know the results!!!

cheers

des

perhaps having sat in the garage for a year EO has transformed to "Sludge" use a engine oil flush or something can't really remember but pour the whole can in, let it run for about 5mins & drain.

EO normally turn thick as "they" too like us have a self life (expiry date) so flushing the engine is my best bet as and I quote " 04 xr400 carbby"

thick sludge like viscosity EO's bad for my health"

try & let us know the results!!!

cheers

des

thanks, as I stated before the engine is in perfect running condition engine has fresh oil I removed carb from my xr and connected it to nephews bike and it run like a champ thanks I went thru carb again this time I used thin pieces of wire and went thrue every orifice and jets I will install tomorow will post results. PACO