Sign in to follow this  

Reliability And Ease Of Maintenance Of Husky's?

Like many ardent followers of 2T's, frequency and cost of maintenance of the new thumpers is what serves as our strongest argument for keeping the 2T. That said, what sort of maintenance regiment would I be looking at in purchasing a Husky 4T enduro, be it 250 or bigger? Am I to understand that the new models allow valve maintenance to be made by a simple removal of the valve cover?

I have raced 2t and 4t. I have a TC450 now, my first 4t and have yet to see an easier 4t to service. It is up to you, but I change my oil VERY regularly and run only quality stuff. You need to watch break in closer. Adjust valves a couple of times when new. check them occassionally after that.

More maintenance than a 2t! I don't think so, not after having to carry around 2 spare plugs, and changing them after every ride you take with your kids! Give me my husky any day!

I race with KTM 4t riders, who have had them since 4t inception, and some of them do nothing more than run the same oil s their pickup and have great life.

The manuals with their 15hr piston changes are out to lunch, nobody actually does that. Even my 2t I would run a full season on the same rings. :D

The Husky is the easiest bike to work on. Its so so so well engineered. So easy to take off the seat, tank, valve cover, and shim the valves. SO easy. Its faster and easier than fixing a flat.

As for the reliablility--we havent seen any issues reported with the '05's...

I've got 80 hours and 6 big races--same piston and rings on my TE510 - the bike has never hiccuped.

Its my first Husky--coming from jap bikes--i love the thing and will buy another Husky in the future.

110 + hours of aggressive trails and woods riding on my 05 TE-510. Valves have not moved. bike runs like a dream. I just took it on a two day ride across the Sierra Nevada, from Foresthill (near Sacramento ) 130 miles of trails over the top and down into to Boomtown, Nevada, then back home another 120 miles the next day.

250 miles, 16 hours of back to back riding, and the bike never missed a beat.

The bike tore thru the woods, canyons, single track, jeep trails, rocky fire roads, whatever was in my path, up and over the mountains and back again running like a bad ass mountain lion on wings. :D:D:D

I've got almost 14000km's on my SMR450 with no problems. Do you think I'll buy another brand?....with the problems my friends have had fu<> that!!

Oh yeah mines an 04

I agree, the Huskys are real easy to maintain. Just make sure those valves aren't too tight...but that takes about 15 minutes, too.