Sign in to follow this  

HPC ceramic coating of exhaust

Just received my exhaust back from HPC. Looks great!

Pulled the pipe off originally to have just the the 2 head pipes and Y pipe coated, but when I pulled it off about a 1/2 cup of rust came out of the pipe so I tore the silencer apart for further inspection.

The core of the silencer along with the rest of the pipe is mild steel and after very little time on the bike (less than 300 mi.) these parts were already oxidizing very bad.

I really like how the stock pipe performs and how quiet it is so I sent all the steel parts off to be coated.

Obviously if you're planning on a new pipe in the future this means nothing to you, however if you like the stock pipe e-mail me and I'll send you some pictures of just how bad these parts were rusted, and the finished product.

Looks trick!

------------------

Joe Bohazi

If In Doubt "Gas It"

'01 520 EXC

'99 640 LC4

'96 KX 250 Gone

'92 RM 125 Gone

'00 ZX-12R

'01 ZRX1200R

i had my system done on my xr600 a couple

of years ago. the muffler still looks

great, but the header pipe is permantly

dulled from the heat.

There is another source for this type of coating in So Cal. Embee Performance Coatings in Santa Ana. 714-546-6907 They also do Powder Coating. They do a lot of Dirt Bike parts. If you're thinking about doing either, give them a call. Ask for Bruce or David. Mention Thumper Talk and they'll give you a discount.

Originally posted by Joe B:

Just received my exhaust back from HPC. Looks great!

Pulled the pipe off originally to have just the the 2 head pipes and Y pipe coated, but when I pulled it off about a 1/2 cup of rust came out of the pipe so I tore the silencer apart for further inspection.

The core of the silencer along with the rest of the pipe is mild steel and after very little time on the bike (less than 300 mi.) these parts were already oxidizing very bad.

I really like how the stock pipe performs and how quiet it is so I sent all the steel parts off to be coated.

Obviously if you're planning on a new pipe in the future this means nothing to you, however if you like the stock pipe e-mail me and I'll send you some pictures of just how bad these parts were rusted, and the finished product.

Looks trick!