Sign in to follow this  

Oh the horros! (siezed bike)

Cam chain is going to be replaced. Lere's my list as of now:

Tensioner Gasket

03 Exhaust cam (still debating on hot cams)

Timing chain

Oil pump assy

Oil line washers (all 6)

Head Gasket

Cyl Gasket

Timing chain guiges (both)

Crank Assy

Crank Bearings

Wiesco +.75 Hi-comp piston

Rings

Wrist pins

Piston rod

Shims as needed

all of that on the list i am gonna do to my bike but i am not putting the yzf cam in it, my mech said that if i do that i am gonna have to put a new pipe and do some jetting on it but with the stock of course i wouldn't have to do it. my mech works at a dealer and is also my best friend so i don't think he would be pulling one over on me. have you heard that on the cam about the pipe and jetting. just curious. i wished i was more mechanically inclined to do the repairs but i guess if you can't do it yourself then its good to have a friend to do it for you at parts cost and a few cases. jeff

I have the 03 cam in both my 02 YZ250Fs and they work great with or without an aftermarket exhuast or any changes in jetting. I'm not saying your friend is trying to mislead you, I just don't know why the cam works great for a lot of people to the contrary of what your friend/mech. is telling you. My experience, as well as the experience of many others I've ridden with, says otherwise.

No way would the cam effect your jetting. If you are going to have all this work done it wouldn't hurt to have your valves/valve seats inspected and possibly have your valve springs replaced. Just for that little bit of added reasurance