Sign in to follow this  

Stiff springs for heavy riders

Hello,

I am having a problem deciding what spring I should be using and from where I can buy one.

I have a 2001 520sx I am 300 pounds. I am currently using 0.47 fork Springs which seem up to the task and a PDS4 rear spring which is not up to the task!. I read somewhere that I should be using a 10.5 or 11 spring?!. If this is so where can I get one?

Thank you in advance

Hello well your problem is very common one the spring that i would install on your bike would be a .48 race tech fork spring part #395148 on the rear you can go two ways first a eibach ERS 1000.250.0550 or a WP spring part#9121.0008 witch is a straight rate but i think the ERS spring would work the best also i would not use a eibach fork spring as they are offten rated wrong and are softer. we mesure all springs that we install and the race tech springs are aways right on.Most of the time we revalve the forks because the valving is very soft on the fork but good on the shock depending on the type of riding you do. hope this helps Originally posted by welsh:

Hello,

I am having a problem deciding what spring I should be using and from where I can buy one.

I have a 2001 520sx I am 300 pounds. I am currently using 0.47 fork Springs which seem up to the task and a PDS4 rear spring which is not up to the task!. I read somewhere that I should be using a 10.5 or 11 spring?!. If this is so where can I get one?

Thank you in advance

Thanks very much for your excellent advice.

I am very keen on buying the springs/parts. Can I get them through you? I have some riding plans coming up and I need to sort my bike out soon.

Cheers!