Found a GREAT RFS skid plate!

Just got an MSR skid plate for my 520. Well made, looks great. The best part is it has TWO holes in the bottom.... one for the oil drain in the back and a second for the bottom screen. That means you don't HAVE to pull the skid plate to do an oil change! Great product and only paid $60! :)

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85

Hi Chris:

Who did you buy it from? On line, or?

Thanks,

------------------

T Martin

The Honda shop :D

You get a bike yet! :)

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85

Moose has the same features.

------------------

Strick

'02 KTM 400SX

'99 KTM 300MXC

Hi Chris:

Not yet. I spoke with Lori at the Mojave shop today and she said she will give me a call when they do arrive. The only change from last year is that they can get a green sticker as opposed to a red one. For those who do not know the difference, in California USA, a green sticker has no limitations on what time of year you can ride. The red sticker does have limitations on what time of year you can ride in certain places. This is determined by air quality in these areas. Some refer to the red sticker as the two stroke ban. Just one of the disadvantages of living in California.

------------------

T Martin

I picked up mine at Scotts in California. Same as you described, but I still take it off as the oil just dribbles all over and makes a mess with it on.

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

Scott's must have updated theirs. The one I saw "in Stock" at the dealer only had one hole....

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85

[This message has been edited by Chris in the Mojave (edited August 30, 2001).]

I have the MSR skid plate also, with 2 holes. I think it's well designed, constructed. Offers good protection, easy service, good fit.

------------------

'01 KTM 520 EXC

'95 Suzuki DR350 Dirt

'01 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/ZF-6spd

Are these aluminum or C/F?

The MSR Skid plates are aluminum. Liked it so much I bought another for my wifes 200 MXC.

I had one of the E-line CF plates on my YZ400, I'll never buy one again... took a dremel tool and a couple of hours to get it bolted up...and I've heard the same from several other People. If I pay $100 for a skid plate I expect it to BOLT UP, not require "fitting".

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85