Sign in to follow this  

2002 mxc520

I'm a long time thumper rider waiting not so patiently for the delivery of a 2002 mxc 520. Retails 7249 or so, haven't purchased a new bike ever, need info on bargaining. ie. what kind of percentage off retail and extra fees do you start at? Thanks.

Beware of registration fees. I am new to CA myself, and I was shocked when I was told that I had to register my 00 520SX after picking it up in Torrance. I understand the fees associated with Green Stickers, but this surprised me. The fee wasn't much. Way less than sales tax.

Note: I do NOT want to start a pros/cons discussion with the Green sticker / red sticker setup.

------------------

I just bought a '02 400EXC from Myers in Denver for 7374(exclude tax). They started

at 7686(exclude tax) and refused to come down at all. The waiting list is long right now for the '02 bikes, but I wasn't going to wait. I found the 400EXC for $7174 in Colorado Springs but the list was 5 guys deep. And they had none in stock. It did help

me get Denver to come down to $7374, so I bought it. Best to wait unless money isn't a

problem... :)

Robert

If they are offering an 02 for straight up retail without trying to tack on $500 for "assembly" or "Doc Fee"... Buy it and thank them....

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85

okay, sounds like the upper hand is theirs. Will hope for the best, be prepared to pay the most. Been without a bike for about two months and really need a fix. thanks and I really dig this website.

my advice on haggeling, is don't. If you find a 520 in any falvor in stock, tell no one untill the tittle is with your bank or in your garage next to your bike.

If they only want retail, not retail + 15% take it happilly, as you wont find any 2002 520 for under retail.

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.