02 520sx Sloppy throttle

Hey guys,

I'm a proud owner of a 2002 520sx for about a week now. I just got done with my first oil change last night. I have two questions. First....I havn't found any fully synthetic oil around here, so I used golden spectro synthetic blend. Will this be okay? And my second problem is, that I noticed my throttle to be kinda sloppy at the closed position. I can wiggle it back and forth about .125 to .250 of an inch. I might try and tinker with it today. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Just curious....is $6600.00 out the door a good price for an '02?

And another question...<sorry, i keep thinking of things to ask> :) When I did my oil change, there were alot of metal shavings in the oil. Is this normal for the first few oil changes? thanks again.

[This message has been edited by smiloptie (edited September 02, 2001).]

I have a 2000 520 sx and have the same throttle sloppiness and yes you will find metal shavings during your oil changes. I switched from Motul 100% synthetic to Golden spectro as well with no problems. How do you like the supsension? Any problem bottoming out? Is the suspension race ready in your opinion.

Originally posted by smiloptie:

Just curious....is $6600.00 out the door a good price for an '02?

And another question...<sorry, i keep thinking of things to ask> :) When I did my oil change, there were alot of metal shavings in the oil. Is this normal for the first few oil changes? thanks again.

[This message has been edited by smiloptie (edited September 02, 2001).]

I tinkered with the throttle yesterday, and seemed to tighten it up just a little bit. I adjusted the cable where it hooks up to the carburator. As for the suspension, I really like it. I only weigh about 150 lbs with my gear on, so it works out well for me. I'm just a 'C' rider, but I had a couple guys that were 'A' and 'B' riders try out my bike. They really liked it, but one guy thought that it could use some suspension work. But its good enough for me right now. :) I'm going out to RedBud TNT today....Open riding time!